Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide what kind of wheels I want to buy for my 91 notchback. If you have pics of your foxbody with telstars/pro stars/etc then please post a link to the pics. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Here's a pic of my friend George's coupe w/ telstars.

Billy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Billy- Thanks for the pic.. Thats a good looking coupe. I saw thet your LX has a 393 in it. Could you tell me a little bit more about it. Like what kind of rotating assembly/heads/cam/intake etc..

I'm also trying to decide if I want to go with a 351 stroker or a 347. So, I'm trying to get some info on 393 setups.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can order the wheels from Summit and Jegs. They do not come in a 15x3.5 but they do come 15x4. They are like $120 each for the front and $130 each for the 15x8 rear. They come in 3, 4, and 5 1/2 inch back spacing. I don't think they come in 4-lug though.

·
Registered
745 Posts
those are the wheels i wanted for my car, but didn't want to convert to 5 lug. that is a great looking coupe, makes me want to convert the lugs. i ended up with warriors instead.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SLOW CPE, do you have a pic of your 88 Notch w/ the Warriors on it? If so could you email it to me please.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
My 1989 coupe with Warriors...

15x4 up front and 15x8.5 out back. I've since sold them and gone to Welds for better size selection out back but the Warriors were different than just about every other car at the track.

·
Registered
745 Posts
darkside, i wish. i've had the wheels since thanksgiving and haven't even taken them out of the boxes yet. pulled the tranny and in the process of putting in a new clutch. car is sitting on jack stands on borrowed convos.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TC89LX- What was the problem with tire selection on the rear with the Centerline Warriors? What size tire were you running on the 15x8.5? and what back spacing? I really like the way they look on your coupe and I think they would look sweet on my wild strawberry notch..

Also, I saw in your sig that you are running a 408 Windsor.. Could you tell me a little more about your setup.. Like what pistons, crank, rods, heads, camshaft, intake, carb or fuel injected, tranny, gears, etc. How streetable is it? I'm trying to decide what setup I want to go with cause I'm about to have about $8,000 to spend on this mustang as soon as I sell my Trans Am. I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me more about your car.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Rim choices were limited with the warriors. 8.5" with a 5" BS was max. I wanted a 10" rim for my slicks. Thus Welds were my only 4 lug choice. I then got a set of 3.5" to match at the track which eventually led to a pair of 9" Welds for the street.

The 8.5" Warriors has 255 60 15's on it, 275 50 15 BFG's, a 26x11.50 ET Street and in that pic it was a huge 285 60 15 McReary. On the big tire I really needed to roll the outer lips but on the rest I never had a problem.

My 408 is an Eagle assembly, forged crank, H beam rods and SRP inverted dome pistons to keep compression down. With the 60cc AFR 205's (unported) I'm right at 10.3:1. Pretty mild and very pump gas friendly. Cam is an FTI custom solid roller 260/268 @ 0.050 and .672"/.688" lift. Pretty big but actually idles right at 750rpm and has no problem on the street. For a true daily driver I would have gone hydraulic roller though, less maintenance to worry about. Intake is a Edelbrock Super Victor carb intake with a Holley 1000cfm double pumper. C4 automatic with a larger 4800-5000rpm convertor, again smaller would be better in a daily driver application. Weekend use I have had an problems at all. Rear gears are 4.10 and I run a 28" tall tire both street and strip. It's a huge gas pig but 550+hp N/A can do that I guess. Street manners are actually pretty good considering but if a daily driver was what you were after a few changes would be good. Cam, convertor, smaller carb etc...EFI would make a real sweet set-up but I was after simplicty and on-track performance not stock driveability.

My full mods list and past set-up is on my webpage in my signature. Only thing custom is the cam, the rest is all duplicatable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the info man, I really appreciate it. That sounds like a kick ass setup you have. I'm having a hard time deciding what I want to do with this car. I'd like to be able to run low 11's or high 10's on the motor and keep it pretty streetable. I'm leaning towards a Holley 750 carb'ed D.S.S. 393 Windsor w/ either the 185 or the 205 AFR's and a custom Hydraulic camshaft. I'll be using a TKO 5spd so it should be alot of fun.. There is just so many different combos you can try. Hopefully whatever I go with will make me happy.

I plan on getting those Warriors. I like the way they look and I only know 1 local guy that has them. I just looked in Summit and they offer a 15x9 & 15x10.. I'll probly go with the 15x9 and I plan on using a 295/50 BFG or Nitto DR..

I just hope this Ford doesn't let me down since I'm selling my beloved Fbody to build this Pony! :D Maybe the DARKSIDE will treat me right. :evil:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
centerline convo pro's

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
wtf

·
Registered
1,758 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The convo's look good on your GT. That car looks just like my best friends car that got stolen. :) Except he had draglites on it. But he had the trickflow sticker in the same exact spot. We found the car, but there wasn't much left..

I think I'm gonna go with the warriors tho, I didn't like them that much until I saw them on that gray notch.

Thanks for the pic tho.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
If you are 4 lug you most likely won't get wider than 8.5" out back. The wider 9" and 10" sets are 5 lug. Centerline told me via e-mail that they didn't think anything wider was required in 4 lug and had no plans on building them. That's whyt I went to the Welds.

Hopefully things have changed, it would open up more selection if the backspaing options wee good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh I see, maybe things have changed so I can get the 15x9. But I will settle for the 15x8 if I have too.. I guess I can call them and find out.

Thanks for all the pics guys, I really appreciate it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts