Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From what I'm observing it looks like some of the current parts and setup I have now aren't going to carry over to the new Dart shortblock. Unfortunately this thought process has happened while I'm stuck in the house with the flu so there are some things I need to confirm but want to get ahead of problems with some advice from those with more experience. I generally worried about stacking things and hitting my hood. It's a 2.5" cowl cobra R style.
QQPZ1645.JPG IMG_2176.JPG

I will be keeping the Super Victor intake pictured. The short Ford Performance valve covers I have now cleared my pedestal rockers no problem with Edelbrock 6037's. They also easily cleared the Vortech inlet rubber tube. From what I'm reading there's no way in hell these covers are fitting the TF 205 11R's and clearing the stud plate style rockers. The Edelbrock 3848 low profile intake elbow I have with 1" spacer puts the throttle body linkage right smack dab over the valve cover. It's got about 1/2" of clearance. Taller valve covers absolutely won't work. I'll need a taller carb spacer. I'm wondering if maybe I should switch to a different elbow that doesn't push the throttle body so far over. I'm concerned hitting my shorter 2.5" cowl hood. If I get a different elbow it would probably move the linkage to the area above the injectors giving room for the covers I have. Attached is a picture of the ones I have now that came with the new engine and that I have on my old one. Also showing the location of where the throttle body is pushed to. Obviously the most cost efficient way would be to simply put a 2" carb spacer on. I just worry about possible hood fit issues. Also willing to swap intake elbows too. It's too late to check how much room I had before. Hood is off the car and engine is out on the stand. The previous owner of this setup had a Wilson intake elbow on a similar Trick Flow lower. (Attached) But had a 4" inch hood.
84237236_2580743795543636_2214143434514497536_n.jpg

The other option I see is some slant valve covers. Holley Sniper 890012B Sniper Fabricated Aluminum Valve Cover - Ford Small Block - Black Finish Or Ford Performance Valve Cover Tall Slant Edge With Raised Ford Racing Logo Pair 289/302/351W It looks like these have a flat edge and would give my linkage room.

Your experiences with stuffing this under a 2.5" hood? Thanks everyone.

Edit here's a picture of the Ford slant covers I found on another page.
pfm-302135_0b2120a1.jpg

·
Vendor
12,009 Posts
Those holley valve covers, based on appearance aside from the coating and logo can be found all over the internet for half the price as they are overseas pieces. They will fit. Also the ford ones will fit. Meaning they fit the head no problem

1 - 2 of 2 Posts