Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
15,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Topic pretty much says it all. Anyone running 15x10 Weld Drag Lites with a 6.5" backspacing? Pics? How's it work? Anything to watch out for etc.?

This will be on a Fox-body!!

Thanks!
Dave

·
Registered
543 Posts
i ran the 15x10s with 6.5" backspacing on my 92 lx. i ran the 275/50/15 nitto 555rs, and had to run a 1/4 inch spacer on each side to keep the tires off the inner wheelwells. I had a panhard bar on the car to keep the axle laterally located, and every once in awhile i would still notice a little scrape on the inside of the tires where it would rub the inner fenderwell. the fenderwells have been massaged a bit, and the fender lips were rolled.

they fit really well that way.

the car was lowered about an inch and a half in the back as well.

·
Registered
174 Posts
hmm

hey,
those are the tires i want to run. well i want the nitto 555R 275/60-15 though. but it says to run a 8.5 wide wheel for your tire, why did u go 10"? also, to run a 275, do i have to get a pan hard? i do have MM adjustable LCA's. im thinkin of gettin a 8 wide rim with 4.5" backspacing for the tires i want. what do u suggest? thx.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Re: hmm

evilbird said:
hey,
those are the tires i want to run. well i want the nitto 555R 275/60-15 though. but it says to run a 8.5 wide wheel for your tire, why did u go 10"? also, to run a 275, do i have to get a pan hard? i do have MM adjustable LCA's. im thinkin of gettin a 8 wide rim with 4.5" backspacing for the tires i want. what do u suggest? thx.
the 275/50/15 nitto DRs fit perfectly on the 15x10 welds. honestly, the reason i ran the 15x10 instead of the 15x8.5 was 100% a style thing. the 15x10 draglite looks a hell of a lot better than the 15x8 does. it sits deeper, and just looks plain mean. everyone and their mom runs the 15x8s and i love draglites, and wanted to be a bit different, so i ran the 10s, and loved them. I only sold mine to go to 5 lugs, and i did a m2300K so now i cant run 15 inch wheels anymore.

you dont have to get a panhard no. most people who run the 8s dont use a panhard, but since i was going to a 15x10 with 275 rubber, it was pretty much necessary. i didnt want to shread a tire launching in first with the car squatting back right as hard as it does. if you have an airbag in your right rear, you might not need it, but i would still reccomend it if you plan on running a wide rim.

if you go with a 15x8.5 inch rim, go with 5.5" of backspace. remember, if you get more backspace than you need, you can always run a spacer to move the wheel outwards, but if you get too little backspace, you cant do anything to bring the wheel back in.

good luck with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts