Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELPPPPPP !!!! I am installing a Magnaflow O/R pipe this morning ...I currently have the stock system out and am transferring the oxygen sensors over. As luck would have it the last sensor WILL NOT COME OUT of the stock "H". I have treated with PB BLast ... Hopefully this will help ...

If not, what are my options short of purchasing a brand new sensor which I cannot get till Tuesday ....?

Can I still install the O/R without this sesnor and still drive ? Or will it throw the car's computer for a loop without that sensor installed and plugged in ?

Thanks in advance !!!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Give it time and a lil heat with a heat gun...not a torch. Mine just went on last week and we had the same problem.

I will come...
Best of luck.
~Darren

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tons of time now ..... Unfortunately no heat gun .... I'll give the PB Blast a chance to work ..Hopefully htat will do the trick ....

Thanks for the repsonse!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey man,

WHen my friend couldn't get his out of his pipe, he heated them up with a torch (unlike above) and tried to remove them. Even this did not work. Regardless, try whatever loosening solvent you have, but make sure it doesn't come in contact with the sensor itself, as i'm fairly sure that would cause a problm. As for driving without them in, I drove with them in, but without eliminators for at least 4 days w/out a check enigne light. I've heard of people up to two months without eliminators and no check engine light, so I would't worry too much about that.

As a side note, I caught a check engine light when my gasket fell out (between the headers and O/R pipe) a few days after my pipe was installed. Either way, I got the codes checked and they could find nothing, so we just shocked the computer to try and clear it. Give it a shot and see what happens, you can't go too badly. Just make sure nothing's touching the new pipe in the way of wires or anything, the last thing you need is something melting.

Mike

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
A rear O2 sensor won't hurt the drivability...but you'll have to reset your cpu once you put everything back together anyways with the MIL elims or what-have-you.....

just keep at it & use plenty of the PB Blaster and/or heat to try and get that stubborn SOB outta there...but be careful not to damage it :):D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts