Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this Adj. clutch quad. change the position of where the clutch enguages or how much pedal travel is required to fully engauge the clutch. I installed a SPEC stage 2 and I have a 2" of clutch engaugement/disengaugement right at the end of the pedal movement. I would like to have aboput 4" of travel that starts earlier in the clutch pedal. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
You did get the firewall adjuster I hope. The firewall adjuster lets you fine tune the position of where the clutch pedal engages/disengages. Great piece, wish I had put the Steeda clutch, quad, and firewall adjuster on my car a long time ago.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't bought anything yet. I just wanted to make sure that it will do what I want it. Can I make the clutch engauge longer? It is very jerky because the clutch engauges so quickly. I would like it to be smoother.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
99 Posts
subscribing to thread..

my clutch is sorta the same way. It is letting out at the very top of the pedal making for a jerky ride sometimes.

Also is there a way that I can adjust hte heigth of the pedal itself?? Mine has alot of travel from the floor till its all the way out. Its so high that i can move my foot in a side to side motion over the brake pedal and under the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
That's the nature of a good, high-perf clutch - quick, positive action. Helps a lot when you are racing that car. I think you will eventually get used to it and will like it, especially when you put that firewall adjuster on it and adjust the pedal to where you want it.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I have the UPR adjuster on my car...and it's due for an adjustment...this will be the first time I'm doin it...any tips or tricks I should know about? Thanks...

VAiN

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Personally, I like the UPR firewall adjuster because of the jam nut. The Steeda piece is good, but it requires you to use silicone glue to keep it from turning after you adjust it. If you are away from home and in need of adjustment, then you will need to get some silicone and wait for it to dry before driving it.

You can adjust it so your pedal engages/disengages anywhere you want, close to the floor or near the top. This is a double edged sword though because an incorrect adjustment will accelerate clutch disk wear. I have mine adjusted so my pedal has about 1/4-1/2" slack at the top. That is, I can easily push the pedal with my hand 1/4-1/2" before meeting any resistance. This puts my adjustment in a similar position to the factory stock quadrant.

Along with the quadrant, you can also use the clutch pedal height adjuster. I got mine from Blown46Cobra. PM him for more information. This simple device allows you to lower your clutch pedal so it is more in line with your brake pedal. This device requires that you use an adjustable quadrant. Together, they make a great combo.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Thats where the stage 2 grabs (speaking from personal experience)... you need to get use to it... IMHO... the stock quadrant is fine...

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I just use the stock quadrant, cable, etc. Works great for me. I looked into using some aftermarket stuff, but the shop that keeps me running (Lamotta Performance) says I don't need it for my use. Don't pay too much attention to my view about this because your use may be different than mine.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
SnakeBit

I haven't drove my car very much after the Steeda cable/quad/firewall adjuster install but I have ran it hard several times (with slicks). So far, the clutch is right where I set it at with no movement from the nut.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
SnakeBit

I haven't drove my car very much after the Steeda cable/quad/firewall adjuster install but I have ran it hard several times (with slicks). So far, the clutch is right where I set it at with no movement from the nut.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
scothew_gt said:
Also is there a way that I can adjust hte heigth of the pedal itself?? Mine has alot of travel from the floor till its all the way out. Its so high that i can move my foot in a side to side motion over the brake pedal and under the clutch pedal.
Maximum Motorsports (www.maximummotorsports.com) and Motion Dynamics (512-259-5242) sell this product >>>

http://www.flash.net/~ivc1/cobra/pedaladj.html

There was a write-up on it in the February 5.0 Magazine tech section. There are a number of folks here on Corral.net who are using this product.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
JohnnyReb said:
SnakeBit

When I had the Steeda F/W adjuster, I used a Sharpie to mark it's position. It took me several tries with Silicone to get it so it would not wander. Several months later, I noticed that the clutch needed adjustment, but I was at work, so I had to drive home (smelling the clutch every time I stopped) before I could adjust it. At that moment, I made the decision to but the UPR F/W adjuster.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts