Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok im a newbee to superchargers.....so bear with me.....powerdyne charger, 11lb pulley, belt is tight and dont think that its slipping.....only making 4-5 pounds boost at 5-6 on tach..which is very boring to drive at that pace....ok so gimme some advise on how to make this thing blow some real boost.....

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
If you have the 11# Powerdyne and your only seeing 4-5# your belt is either Worn out or it is slipping BAD..Powerdynes Belt tensioners method is a Joke and Its hard to make the belt really tight with it..Try a new Gates belt from Napa and crank that tensioner down to make it tight....To up the boost you can either add a Larger Crank/Blower pulley to the crank or you can install a Smaller Blower pulley..Either of these methods will make more boost but I think your problem lies in Belt slippage..

Jeff

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Yeah, both of those methods will work, and also try a power pipe and oversized filter. That is usually good for 2-3 extra #'s of boost. Also, I don't know a whole lot about Powerdyne, but I do know that they have an internal belt rather than gears. Maybe that belt is slipping :confused:
A BD11 is a 9-11 psi kit, so you should be seeing at least that at high RPM. I would really check that belt, it has to be slipping.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks for the info....i have a belts coming ......i will try one and see how it runs...i think you are right on the belt slippage...and if it wasent for the massave mess belt dressing would make i was about ready to try that.....i do have a 3 1/2 inch powerpipe and about a 9 inch k&n filter (give or take a inch).....i really really want to get this thing to run hard....i have been getting a load of stuff from a big block buick on the bottle and i really want to put him in his place...... i will change that belt and get back to you with the results......

thanks again

·
Registered
476 Posts
when i had my powerdyne, I ran the 9lb. pulley on the blower, and a 7" crank pulley, I saw 10lbs of boost, no boost pipe. the 11lb. pulley is to small, I would guarantee your belt is slipping like the other guys stated, I would really check into a larger crank pulley, good luck

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you guys where right.....i installed a new belt and tightened the @#$% out of it and i got 8-9 pounds of boost out of it.....im still not seeing the boost that i want to but you where right bout the belt slippage....does anyone know where i can get pulleys for this outside of calling powerdyne ??...

·
Registered
476 Posts
not sure of the phone# but asp pullies is where I got my pulley. It was a one piece, they underdrive the accessory pulley, and I used a 7" pulley for the blower

1 - 7 of 7 Posts