Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am still trying to decide on a cam for my car. THe motor consist of :

DSS 306 bullet w/girdle 9.35:1 compression.
AFR 185 heads 61cc
KB 1500 w/9#of boost
all the rest of the suporting mods.

This will be running on a 94 GT
These are the cams i am looking at

Comp cams XE258HR
Comp cams XE274HR
Steeda #19

Both the comp cams have a SLA of 112 and the Steeda has a 115 LSA. Which one of these do you think would be good for my car? It is a daily driver and needs good manners on the street.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have an FTI cam in mine. It runs pretty strong and it doesnt have bad street manners. Sounds GREAT! Call Flow Tech Induction and get a custom grind!!!

Matt

·
Registered
8 Posts
i run the comp 274hr

I love my set up and have had no problems but one set of head gaskets each year since i put it in. The 274hr is great on top end. i use a 60 shot of nitrous to kick it off the line and run 12 lbs from my vortech to pull it down the track. have ran 11.32 at 119 and got kicked off the track for no roll bar.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Shawn, P&J speedshop local to me makes a great custom grind KB cam. I have always made better than expected TQ and HP numbers for the boost I was running.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Pat.

What are the specs on that cam? Is that what you are running in your car? I want something that is going to have good street manners. I don't mind a little lopey idle ut don't want stalling or surging problems. Will the XE series cam give a lot of problems? Both have 112 lobe centers. I really like the 274HR MM&FF recently did a test with the 274 and got 460 FWHP out of it. I would really like to get that much. I am worried about driveability because of my ECC

Thanks
Shawn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts