Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
need info 93 lightning

A friend asked me to put a post on here . He has a 93 lightning that is having hestitaion problems . The mods he has done are Bosch platnum 4 , 9mm plug wires ,MSD blaster coil , flowmaster mufflers ,and removed the cats .The timing is 1 degree off stock . He says he gets alot of hesitation when accelerating , and the only thing that has helped is octane boost . He mentioned something about a kit for a grand . Any help would be appreciated . Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Definitely clean the throttle body and IAC. If that doesn't work bump the timing to around 14 or 16 deg. The stock setting is 10. if he bumps the timing up always run premium gas. If that doesn't work get rid of the Platinum plugs they are crap. (only talking from personal experience). Try a fresh tuneup with NGK plugs, they worked the best for me. Also replace the fuel filter that'll cause a hesitation if its old or clogged.
The kit for a grand that he was talking about is a Mass air kit. The best one around is from Pro M and its a little more than a grand but I heard its worth it. Speed density sucks( again only talking from personal experience).

·
Registered
107 Posts
There is no way to fix the speed density stumble without converting to mass air.
The top of the line is Pro-M, it goes for 1600 or so.
The next best thing is the FMS kit (which I have and love) goes for a grand and comes with 80mm meter, computer (AKCO), harness, air box, and 30# injectors.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I also have a 95 Lightning and am interested in converting to mass air. Anybody have some pros/cons between the Pro-M and Ford Racing kits?

Chris

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
where are you located at ?? im in englewood florida !! ((mytwostangs))!!! chad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts