Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where does that big black plug from the engine harness go?it is identical to the headlight harness plug.
This engine wiring plug is located next to the starter soleniod. Thanks Sean:joy:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Is it located on the inside of the inner fender behind the starter solenoid.
Is it oval shaped with maybe a cap on the end of it?

If so this is the extra harness for vehicles that came with Day Time running lamps, used in different parts of the country.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re

No, This one actually comes off the engine wiring harness. It it is a 10pin connector style style.
It is actually more towards the brake reservoir and the fire wall.
If you just follow the engine wiring you will see it. Thanks

·
Registered
355 Posts
I looked at my friends stang which is in my garage. Its a '90. I seen (2) 8 Pin connectors, 1 gray and 1 black. No 10 pin.
Unless what your looking at is '89 specific only I didnt see such animal.

Give me the wire colors (w/ tracer color) and I will see if that will help ya out.

I have a complete Ford wire schematic for my '92. but it is specific to that year.

cYa
JT

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
re

My bad, it is a 8 pin, its the black one. Thankyou for taking the time to check for me.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
is the plug next to a small grey plug? If so, it is to attach a scan tool to test the system. the plug you are talking about, is it not connected to anything but against the frame rail behind the strut tower on the driver side?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts