Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what my fastest pass looks like from Milan a couple weeks ago. The weather was crap(92, 90+% humidity), but its still no excuse for the times. I tried different launch(2k to3.5k) and shift points(5k to 5.8k on stock tach), nothing really seemed to help. These are generated with 255\50 16 BFG DR's.

Reaction:.664
60 ft:2.223
330ft:6.005
1/8ET:9.179
1/8mph:77.98
1000ft:11.909
1/4ET:14.218
1/4mph:97.58

Mods are in the sig plus a FMS clutch and a B&M Ripper shifter. I am going to do a tune up over the weekend and go back to the track and see if I can improve at all. Let me know what you guys and gals think.

Thanks
Andy

·
Registered
419 Posts
stock tach is crap, dont trust it. cheap way get a shift light learn your car find out when the power stops, you'll feel it it will not pull anymore, loose the stock airbox if not done already, set time 14-16' btdc. heat the piss out of the bfg's steer clear of the water box, you should pull a thirteen with power shifting and a better 60'

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking the same thing. I did not power shift at all. Can you wire up a shift light to the stock ignition? Do you think the car can 60ft to a 1.90 as it sits, doing all the little tricks (timing, ice intake, etc)? I heard the stock air box is better than a cone filter, can you give me some feedback about this.

Thanks for the help.

Andy

·
Registered
419 Posts
stock air box sucks period, cone filter will help you, i used to launch my stocker with 4:10's at 5k, and cut low 1.79 , 1.81 on 26x10.5 hoosiers. look at the morpheus pipes (sp ?) AFM NA pipe, bbk cold intake, any of thoose are nice. pick up a short throw shifter WITH ADJUSTABLE STOPS, this way your can start power shifting and learning the car and not break anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts