Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did an intake swap on my 94 cobra and I am having trouble remembering where all the vaccum lines go. First, there are 4 lines in a bundle that come from inside the fenderwell and I don't know where what goes. They are four different colors: red, green, white, and pinkish. Also there are two lines coming from the pcv, does one go to the the back-side of the upper intake and the other to the underside of the upper intake? There is also two spots on the black rubber tubing that goes to the smog pump, what hooks to these two vaccum ports. And last where does the line that comes from the black cannister in the fenderwell go to? If someone could look at there car and let me know where exactly these are supposed to go I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
What intake did you get? Does it reroute all the vacuum lines to under the plenum on the drivers side? 1)If so, you need to get about 3 feet of vacuum tube-I forget which size maybe 3/8". Also, you might consider purchasing 2 vacuum T's and some 5/8" tube for the PCV lines, and maybe some elbows to be sure. 2)The vacuum fittings are pressed into the under side of the stock intake (GT). I do not know about cobra. 3)So I had to buy a screw in fitting. Then I plugged the unused holes with rubber plugs and gasket sealant. I used a T to get the small tube coming from the firewall and one pcv tube together into that fitting underneath the intake. For the bigger vacuum holes/fittings--did you have a 2 port/fitting that screwed into the elbow? I did. If so, one fitting is for the FPR, and the other is for the red line rubber boot. I had to move that fitting to underneath the intake along with the PCV fitting into the large screw holes. You have to cut the red line and use vacuum hose to run it under the upper plenum. Along with longer hose for the FPR. The PCV fitting is generally in the same place. The green plugs into the egr if I remember correctly. The pink plugs into the AIR but I am not sure. I did not disconnect these two. If you need any more help PM me and I will PM you my phone number.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts