Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The motor has mild blower cams a t trim blower ported heads bigger valves built bottom end, 42 lb injectores 90mm lightning maf. The car will idle hight for a little whill when u come to a stop then it will idle back down and when u start it it idles hight for a little while, i have a custom diablo chip as well thanks guys

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Cams do that typically on these cars. I had to slightly bend my throttle body so it was just open or my car would stall after my cam install. Now it idles high when pushing in the clutch and starting up, but drops down after a bit.

Tom Crews

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
My car use to do that with the Pro-M 80 MAF. Now with the stock MAF it idles like new. The MAF may be the problem.

Jerome

·
Registered
296 Posts
Mine idles fine with the A/C off, but if you turn on the air conditioning or the defroster, it will idle at 2000 rpms for about 30 seconds, then it will come down and almost die, and hop back up to 1200 or so, then go down and almost die (and so on). If you turn the A/C selector to OFF it will idle normal. The car started doing it when I swapped the 80mm C&L MAF and 36lb injectors for the 95 pro-m maf with 42lb injectors. There is no change in vaccum at all when turning on the A/C. i've got an autologic chip tuned by randy haywood. Stock cams, cleaned up heads, vortech v2 sq.

Anyway, True Blue Performance said idle issues are pretty common with PRO-M MAFs... That's what they say anyway. I'm really thinking about swapping mine out for the 95mm C&L maf because this drives me up the wall.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
A couple things to check - IAB motor/sensor. They're known to get lazy, and will cause the idling symptoms you have described. Also, it could be MAF related, but its really hard to get it right. Save your money on another MAF guys - they're all the same, and they take tweaking to get them right for your particular combo. I had major idle issues that I finally fixed - Pro-M's optimizer did the trick. FIxed my idle, and my rich condition - and thats after 3 calibrations from Pro-M. Finally they got sick of seeing my meter and they sent me the Optimizer. Works like a charm.

prace

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
bjherron said:
have you talked to your tuner yet? A lot of times some ISC tweaks will take care of idle problems.

Brian
IAB = same as ISC

peace

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am not suggesting that it is defective. A lot of times on blower cars the supercharger pushes in more air than the EEC expects. Since the IAC is already pumping in air you may have too much. It's very easy for a competent tuner to adjust the % of air that the IAC moves at different RPM levels.

Brian

·
Registered
296 Posts
I still don't understand how the chip can help my problem. I'd rather it idle wierd with the a/c on then off. I want it to stay the same as it is with the a/c off, and then demand less with the air conditioning on. I'll have him check it out when I get my next dyno, but until then, I just drive with the top down when it's hot out. ;)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont think it is the maf as it is a 90mm lightning one off of my old tuners car, and it would idle weird with blower on no chip can i reset the idle like i can on eec 4 let me know thanks guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts