Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently switched over to a 3650 tranny in my 00 GT and ever since it's been in, I've had to baby it through the gears. If I dump the clutch too quick, the clutch quits engaging and then I have to pull over and readjust the quadrant. Also there is a weird squeaking noise that started when I put the tranny in. This occurs about every 30 seconds. Would an adjustable clutch quadrant help here? Any info would be greatly appreciated.:D

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
What kind of transmission fluid are you running??
Swap it out for some Redline D4 ATF. Make sure it's the D4 kind because it does flow much better in the T-3650 transmission and will smooth out those shifts...

Do you still have the stock quadrant? It is a POS.... Get rid of it and get yourself a UPR triple hook or Steeda double hook Quadrants along with a Firewall adjuster. You really don't need an adjustable cable if you have a firewall adjuster which works GREAT.... The Quadrants are actually not adjustable... They do have a either one, two or three different hooks to hook the Clutch Cable onto it but they are solid Aluminum and you adjust the Clutch cable via the Firewall Adjuster. This makes it a lot easier than with an adjustable cable where you have to climb underneath the car every time to make adjustments...

Go with the UPR kit... It's a bit cheaper than Steedas and has even an additional Hook that you will never need ;)

Good Luck to you.......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts