Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my dash to change heater core and now my air only blows through defrost vents. There is a black vacuum line disconnected in the dash area but don't know where it goes. Its small diameter simi ridged like on firewall in engine bay. any help would be appreciated picture even better Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pretty sure that line supplies vacuum to the flapper doors in the blower unit. It passes into the engine bay with the heater core tubes and hooks to the vacuum splitter above, which gets fed from the main vacuum tree by the brake booster.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Wednesday, January 22, 2020
3:22 AM

Will someone please post a picture of where exactly the black vacuum line connects to the FCCB circled in red thanks

3:22 A

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Will someone please post a picture of where exactly the black vacuum line connects to the FCCB circled in red thanks

3:22 A

·
Registered
24 Posts
Please forgive my crappy photo, I did this on my phone. The line indicated by blue arrows coming up from HVAC system.
C862A5AD-7A00-464C-A96C-276535A6FEE1.jpeg

·
Registered
308 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, but yes you may have to pull dash again to find the line. I just went through thos on my 89 vert. The line runs through firewall from point shown in pic above and lays in a small cutout along the heater box then connects to either a silver colored valve or to the a/c controls, I dont remember exactly. HTH.

·
Registered
22,231 Posts
THE pic is showing

you can see the check valve, the two lines to the left

one to HVAC through firewall the other to the reservoir under the passenger fender splash guard

1 - 13 of 13 Posts