Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I downloaded the 2001 Ford Service Manual CD for my Mustang GT and Can't seem to get it to work right. When I run the program I can see the menu titles and buttons, but anytime I click on something it tells me I need to insert another disk. I erased the whole program out of the computer, re-downloaded it and it still tells me to insert another disk when I use it. Has anyone else had this trouble or know what might be going wrong here? Please help.

·
Registered
102 Posts
service manual

location to get one of those for a 99cobra?

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Re: service manual

gc99cobra said:
location to get one of those for a 99cobra?
Same site:
(Should cover all the '99 MY cars)

http://www.ranger1.org/ford/

Hope you are on a fast (DSL/cable+) connection because the zip file is 304MB :eek: ;)

·
Formerly known as 302Quest
2,809 Posts
this service guide is awesome...
:evil:
~J

·
Registered
166 Posts
Two Wheel Peel said:
I downloaded the 2001 Ford Service Manual CD for my Mustang GT and Can't seem to get it to work right. When I run the program I can see the menu titles and buttons, but anytime I click on something it tells me I need to insert another disk. I erased the whole program out of the computer, re-downloaded it and it still tells me to insert another disk when I use it. Has anyone else had this trouble or know what might be going wrong here? Please help.
When your downloading the file, it will have a file name. Like 00car19 (for the 2000 manual). When you burn the CD you have to name the CD the same as the download file, which was 00car19 in my case. I had the same thing happen to me, I was able to just reburn the CD and name it correctly. The manual is great, I was able to mod the 01 Cobra wiring harness to plug derectly into my 2000 GT harness using the manual.
Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts