Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i seem to have a problem with my 02 gt, i went to start it up yesterday and noticed that when it starts it idles up too 2500 rpms and wont come down until i start to move the car, it is fine until i come to a red light and push the clutch in and the rpms go back too 2500 and stick there, does anyone know what is causing this, only mods i have is mac cold air and h pipe, thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
did this happen after you did the H-Pipe?

try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and try it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it just started happening, i have had the h pipe for awhile now, but i just noticed it, i just moved and pulled it on a trailer 15hours and it started doing that after i got it off the trailer, never did it before so i dont know what the deal is

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey guys i just got under my car and noticed that my air filter is all squshed up in the fener where some had hit me they told me that is was fine but its not, its all messed up could this be causing my ilde to be thrown off, thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i disconnected the battery and unplugged the maf thing, and it started idleing at about 2000 rpms, so i got in it and took it for a spin and got on it 1 good time and it quit doing it, does anyone know whats up with this?

·
Registered
44 Posts
sorry bub i have an 02 too but this hasn't happened to me. sorry that i can't give you any pointers. :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
idle

what about the sensor that plugs into the CAI behind the maf? thats the air intake temp sensor or something right. could that be disconnected or not connected all the way? just a suggestion

1 - 12 of 12 Posts