Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ill be pulling the motor out this weekend to rebuild it, im planing on going w/ some good forged pistons but my qustion is about the rods, what kinda horsepower will they withstand, im just wanting to pass the 300 mark, but i am planing on spraying it.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
~700 or so at the crank.

·
Registered
580 Posts
TripleBlk98 said:
thats what the stock rods are good for, damn :eek:
Uhh, I don't think so. The crank itself is forged, so it's good for some high horsepower, but as for the rods, I've always understood they were hardly stronger then the hypercrap pistons themselves.

·
Registered
118 Posts
stock rods are crap, they are good for 450hp max, get some nice manley rods and youll be set.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Yeah, the stock rods are crap. I know many a Cobra owner has bent a rod in his life, heh. I actually have Modmax in mine which to my understanding from talking with some forged internal gurus is pretty much a Manley rod with a different name slapped on it (as is a Manley rod, heh.). Just do some research before you buy. I went through Modular Performance and they were very nice, easy to deal with, and had good prices.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Want a used set of Manley Pro rods, take you over 700hp no prob. Think I got $300-$350 into them (have to check). 22mm. pm if interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts