Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to do a full tune up. the thing is, i dont want someone else to do it, i want to. 1, the price (which in the end could end up being the same) 2, im new to cars b/c i just turned 17 and i wanna learn as much as i can. so, i think i know some of the stuff they do with a tune up, but what exactly do they do with a tune up, i wanna do everything, and what parts do u guys suggest to use?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I presume you purchased you're Ford with all of the mods listed in you're signature? I think purchasing a Hayes or Chilton Mustang manual would be a good start. Tune up data is quite good & includes information you will use for years to come. Before purchasing anything, do a good inspection first. Pull a plug or two & inspect, pull the cap & inspect it along with the rotor. Still have the origional plug wires? replace with quality Taylor',MSD's,etc. Double check the filter, especially if it's a fenderwell unit, & clean or replace. Double check the throttle position setting,(clear instructions are given in the manual). Does the engine light come on at all? The parts store sells a code reader, that comes with a book breaking down the codes info for you, for about 30 bucks. Now for the fun part; put on the nasty work clothes & get dirty!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts