Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got upper and lower control arms. Figured they shouldn't be too difficult to install. Well, I was wrong. Anyone have any suggestions on getting the bolts out. Especially the Front one on the lower and the two on the uppers. Because they are stuck in the rubber bushing, they don't want to come out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Got upper and lower control arms. Figured they shouldn't be too difficult to install. Well, I was wrong.
I just went through this fun install too...:mad: Anyway, I used an air hammer with a blunt tip and a bunch of PB Blaster to free the bolts holding the LCA to the frame and axle. The uppers came out quite easily. The upper bushings came out with the same air hammer and PB. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Disconnect the shocks for some more mobility. That may help a little. An impact gun is very useful for this job as it can "unscrew" a bolt if its wedged in somehow. I also used a big screwdriver and a hammer to pop them out while positioning the rear so there wasn't a lot of force on that particular bolt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts