Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok What do I have to do To get the stock valve covers to fit. I see underneath them These bars against the side ( for stregnth ? ) Do I have to cut them all off? ( WHAT A ***** OF A JOB..PITA ) ANyone have good advice? I got a dremel but I takes for ever and 2 wheels for each one its taking.. Please help thanks

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
I use cork gaskets (3/16" I think) and removed the oil baffle and I have no fitament issues w/ my fms 1.6 rr's & stock vc's. Fms and tfs rr's are the same fyi. What vc gaskets are you using? Did you remove the baffle?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the baffle is removed. I tried to lay it on with out the gaskets and it did not fit.. You think the gaskets will give it that extra bit. I dont think it is a height issue, I think its a width issue.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Get a grinder. I used a porting style grinder. it took about 1/2 hr to do both sides. Yuo have to grind and check grind and check over and over

·
Registered
746 Posts
The stock covers will need to be clearenced on the sides in order to clear the rockers. I bought the TFS covers when I did mine so I could avoid any clearence issues. If you remove the oil baffle and clearence the sides, the rockers should fit without any problems.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just bought a grinder from walmart. 4 and a half inch grinder. I ground all the IIIIIIIII Down about 3/4th of the way, Will check tommorow to see if it fits/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts