Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - I orginially wanted to race in the MAC Products 4V NA class because I had some mods planned that would get me into the low to mid 12's . . . . however, they have fallen through!! :(

What is the C&L Performance Radial class all about?? I mean by Radial does that mean only street tires or do Drag Radials count?? If DR's are OK then my next question is do ET Streets count as DR's or not?? Would this be a good Head's Up class to run if I am running high 12's??

Last but not least if I can't or shouldn't race either of the above classes I was thinking about just doing the Corral.net bracket class!! Now just like the C&L Performance Radial class it says 28.6" x 10.6" . . . . . is that the CONTACT PATCH?? I mean because my ET Streets are 26.0 x 11.5 x 15 - are they allowed??

Anyway, if anyone can give me some good information on this that would be great!! I AM going to the Modular Shootout but want to have a for sure on what class to race so I can preregister!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
It's going to take an eleven second time slip to win the 4vna this year I think. I'd be surprised if the field stayed at 12.1-12.2's.

Radial means any radial tire, this includes drag radials. Power mods are less restrictive, only Pro Mod has less rules. Yes, it is also open to power adder cars. We'll see what the class ET's average but I expect 11's.

That leaves Bracket 1 and Bracket 2. They both pay out $1750 to win each day and have $12,000 in payouts.

Also if you prefer heads up racing over bracket racing, and don't care about winning any prizes. You can enter the Real Muscle class. To register its only $25 for the weekend. You can grudge race your friends, its a fun class. There are cash prizes for non mod powered cars in this class. Thats why I said you wouldnt win any prizes.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well...hell, while I'm here, I might as well ask the same thing...my specs are in my sig...dave, that real muscle class seems like my best bet, but what considers non mod powered cars? Not even an K&N filter?

Kevin

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info Dave!! :) Well then 4vna is out and even though I am not really into winning prizes I will probably just race the Corral.net bracket class - I can race in that correct??

This way I at least have a chance to win something and I need to practice my bracket racing anyway!! :D

Thanks again Dave and hope to meet you there!!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
BlackDemonGT said:
Thanks for the info Dave!! :) Well then 4vna is out and even though I am not really into winning prizes I will probably just race the Corral.net bracket class - I can race in that correct??

Yes, no problem there. Hope to see you there.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts