Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have done a few small modifications to my car but now I am looking to do a lot more but not spend thousands of dollars. So far all I can think of is a few things listed below but not sure on the measurements of everything and what will be best for my car. Please give me any feedback you can, thanks a lot.

Right now I have mac cold air intake, 3.73 gears, off road h-pipe, 2chamber flowmaster cat-backs, underdrive pulleys, aluminum driveshaft, centerforce clutch

I am thinking of a new head/cam setup but am nto sure what size or product I should go with..HELP on this??

I also plan on buying a MAF meter and throttle body, I think I should get a 80mm MAF meter and 70mm BBK throttle body..right size for me?

I also do want to get injectors, but not sure what size to get..I think 30lbs?

I also need to put new plugs and wires in my car and most people told me to get a 255lb fuel pump and a 180deg thermostat.

Please email me with feedback, opinions or anything. Also, if you think I should do anything else that wouldn't cost me a ton please let me know..email [email protected].

·
Registered
388 Posts
Many of the things you want to do depend on other things you have to decide on (ie what injectors or fuel pump depends on how agressive the heads are or if you go with a power adder).

What is your goal for the car? Do you have a hp # or a 1/4 mi time you are striving for? Is it a daily driver or just a weekend car? Are you POSITIVE you don't want nitrous or a blower in the future?

Most of the problem people have is that they don't have a concrete plan of goals for what they want to do with the car. This is going to decide what you should go with for your mods because of drivability, reliability, etc. Sit down and write down a list of what you want for the car.

That being said - decide if you want to stay N/A or add a poweradder later on, if you are trying to build a drag car or corner car or just a normal street car.

If you stay N/A - the biggest T/B you want is a 65mm. 70 is overkill unless you're running a blower. You probably won't need 30's either unless you run NOS or a blower - 24's would be good unless you run some HUGE heads and intake.

That pump is fine but you will need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator once you start putting sutff on.

As for the heads, there are a lot of diff. combos - but again it depends on what you want. AFR, Edelbrock and Twisted Wedge all have good combos. And, as for the cam - that's tough. The 94-95 computers have probs with cams. Maybe an E Cam or the Crane cobra cam would work.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
should i really go for long tubes? will short tubes sound good and give me decent power? is there really a huge difference?

·
Registered
759 Posts
The steeda #19 cam works pretty well. No computer issues with mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts