Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok do I am deciding on a path to go with my mach 1. I am deciding on all motor too end for one which is: throttle body, cai, long tubes, 42lb injectors, kb boost a pump, cams (possibly comp 106400, and port polished heads tryin to get 350rwhp all motor. Or turbo/supercharge. If I go all motor I am going to do high compression motor build for it.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
None of this is needed for 350rwhp: throttle body, cai, long tubes, 42lb injectors, and kb boost a pump. Also, the 106400s have too much duration for a stock engine. All that's needed for 350rw are cams and longtubes.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Whats a good cam with growth still available. If i can get more than 350 all motor id be happier.
The comp 106100s (226/222) are good and use the stock springs. If you want a little more up top some with 226/226 will have a little more power at peak and also after peak.

·
Registered
2 Posts
pull your intake off and polish it up a bit thatll help too! superchargers are fun but you just cant beat the sound of a cammed out V8.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Polishing the intake will add no power. The only way to gain power is to remove a substantial amount of material from those places that ate inhibiting flow and/or shortening the runners.

·
Registered
800 Posts
bolt ons out the butt 3000$. 350-380hp.
bolt on s/c. 3000 400-600 HP.

·
Registered
14 Posts
cams and long tubes could cost up to $2000-2500 new depending on what brand you go with and what deals, used you could probably get cams an longtubes for a little less than 2000.
most p1 or v1 supercharger kits that are nice go for for $2000-2500 and you can make alot more power cheaper

i guess just depends on your preference and budget

·
Registered
767 Posts
If you do either build right, neither one will be cheap. If you cheap out on the blown system, you'll either blow the stock bottom end, run it lean and burn a piston, or buy a junk compressor that is toast. If you cheap out on the na build, you could do the same with the fuel, get junk headers that leak, get cams that have wiped lobes, get a shortblock that really needs to be rebuilt, get heads/intake that were hogged out by some hack who didn't know what he was doing, ect. I hate to sound so jaded, but the old saying you can have it cheap, fast, or reliable, but you can only pick two is very true.

Really, you need to ask yourself what you really want the car to do. Yes, lopey cams sound good. But, 4v cams don't have much overlap, hence not as much lope. Mine are over 230 at 50 and they really don't lope that much. Certainly not as much as my 351C with much smaller cams. The blower will be heavier and produce more heat, run it hot enough, the power will drop, like if you are road racing. Turn the wick up enough and you will start to break other parts, just be ready for that. 350 on the street is a lot of fun, but the new LS cars and the Coyote have made that slow. Build the car for what you want it to do, not for some dyno number.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts