Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 problems with my car. Ever since I installed the steed pullies my engine sounds more like a diesel motor. Can anyone help on this? My second problem is that I get this vibration problem that is driving me nuts, is is mainly from 40mph and up. You can feel the vibration on the shifter, specially in 4th gar. could it be the my car needs alignment?. Need to add that i bought new tires about a year ago and the 2 front one are all gone from the outer lip, but the back ones they look like new. Any advise will be appricated....(My moods include: BKK O/R H PIPE, 2 CHAMBER FLOWS, STEED PULLIES, 9MM FRPP PLUG WIRES, STEEDA TRIAX AND GUTTED MAF)...

·
Registered
468 Posts
I agree sounds like you need to recheck the crank pulley

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Definitely get new tires up front. That should take care of most of the vibration. Do youself the favor, and install some Caster/Camber plates....they're alittle pricey, but worth it in the long run. They'll help your tires wear evenly.

Good luck..

VAiN

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:joy: Well I took your advise guys and went back to the house and checked the crank pulley. Man your are not going to believe how loose that thing was. after 15minutes tighten the dorne thing magic happened. Turned my car and the diesel sound was gone. I was real quiet now. Thanks a lot guys. I still have the vibration though, but i believe is becuase I need to get my veh aligned....Thanks again.

·
Registered
369 Posts
What kind of noise was it?
I noticed a noise after I installed my Steeda pulleys. It is coming from the valve covers. It is real noticable at idle and when you hit the gas it goes away. It is a knocking sound.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have the same problem. The noise is sort of like a grinding sound but it slowly fades away after 10 min of driving the car. It only seems to occur at start up when the car sits for a long peroid of time ( 3 or more days). I'll try to torque in down to 115 lbs. I initially did it to 100 lbs. We'll see what happens. By the way what would be the best way to do this. Everytime I try to torque it down the crank moves along with it. any help very much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
marco said:
:joy: Well I took your advise guys and went back to the house and checked the crank pulley. Man your are not going to believe how loose that thing was. after 15minutes tighten the dorne thing magic happened. Turned my car and the diesel sound was gone. I was real quiet now. Thanks a lot guys. I still have the vibration though, but i believe is becuase I need to get my veh aligned....Thanks again.
I remember the jubilation I had when it fixed my problem...Im glad that part of it's all set for ya!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
ddlyvnm said:
I have the same problem. The noise is sort of like a grinding sound but it slowly fades away after 10 min of driving the car. It only seems to occur at start up when the car sits for a long peroid of time ( 3 or more days). I'll try to torque in down to 115 lbs. I initially did it to 100 lbs. We'll see what happens. By the way what would be the best way to do this. Everytime I try to torque it down the crank moves along with it. any help very much appreciated.
put it in 5th gear, your crank won't move after that.

·
Registered
276 Posts
stangin'
thanks i'll give it a try !

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
ddlyvnm said:
stangin'
thanks i'll give it a try !
Yours doesnt sound like the crank pulley - and your 100ftlbs is plenty, yours may be sthh else :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts