Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys!

I need some help. Everytime i change my oil and use 10w30 synthetic oil when I drain it at the next oil change I only get about 2 quarts of oil. what's up with that??? :confused: I always fill it up with 4.5 quarts. This has happened to me 2 times already and I can't figure out why. I rarely drive the car hard. I don't think it's burning oil and there are no leaks that I am aware of. Please chime in guys! Thank you for any help!!

--Jim

·
Registered
729 Posts
any visible leaks and why 4.5 quarts all the GT's take 6 that I know of could be wrong though what year is it I know their is a discrepancy in the book for a couple of the years 1 place it says 5 and the other place it says 6 but it is 6 no matter what

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
What I have to ask is,
Why arent you checking your oil at regular intervals??
There is no excuse for running your car low on oil.
If it uses some top it up!

This is not intended to be a slam or flame just good common sence.

Dwayne

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh sorry, I'm sure I put in 5 because I always verify with the people at Pep Boys. yea.. my family has a couple of cars so I got a little confused on the amount the stang takes. 6 quarts? Interesting.. I'll check with the dealer, thanks! Yea anyways.. you can say it's me and my brothers car (we share it) and he is the one that daily drives it so I rarely even see it because we are both really busy with school. dont get mad at me guys... but... i can't check the level because my dipstick is broken. I know you guys are like wth!? I am not sure either but I suspect it was probably when my bro got his oil change a while back. The problem with the dipstick is that it is not a straight metal rod anymore... it's like someone held the end of it and started twisting the knob. I tried straightening it out but I think I am going to have to get a new one. Yea... I am an embarassed stang owner right now.. Once I get that new dipstick I will check the oil often! I do follow the maintance guide though I just thought hey... if it doesn't sput out thick white or black smoke, or have any oil leaks then I wouldn't need to check the oil, but I realized I was wrong so I will check it often.

Sorry for the long post, thanks for all your help. I'll get that new dipstick ASAP!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts