Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a stereo wiring diagram for a 96 Cobra with Mach460. Specifically I'm looking for the dimmer control wire that goes to the head unit.

I have a new Kenwood head unit installed but the display does not dim when turning on the parking/headlights. The head unit has a "Dimmer Control Wire" but I don't know which wire to splice with from the old factory connector.

I had another Kenwood head unit installed before I put this one in. It was put in by a friend of mine a few years back. It didn't dim either (of course) but it wasn't as bright as this new unit I got so it didn't bother me till now. He did not use a pre-made wiring harness and just hooked the wires up individually. The only wires he hooked to the Kenwood harness are ignition, battery, ground, and and power control (for my amps). (no speaker wires since i'm using pre-outs to separate amps)

So is there anywhere i can get a stereo wiring diagram (for free preferably) or can anyone tell me where to connect the dimmer control wire from the Kenwood?

Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
cmdrstask,

Thanks for the link! That was exactly what I was looking for!

For the record incase anyone else is looking for the dimmer wire, it's the light blue wire with a red stripe on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts