Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I painted the snorkels and the bottom part of the cleaner(had been painted aluminum). I tied cleaning the lid with a brilo pad..didnt help much..Its pretty scuffed up.
What can I do to fix/clean up the lid? I plan on buying a new sticker for it also..

As you can see in the pic below it doesnt have the rest of the tubing. Does anyone know of any cars that came with air cleaner tubing that would be rectangular on one end to attatch to the snorkel and round on the other end to connect to the part that goes into the fenderwall?
The V6 engine that was in the car had something like that but its not sized the same, and has a restrictive turn in it.

I have piping form a couple V6 mustags to go into the fenderwall that shuld be the same as the 5.0 tubing..

Id also like to setup some type of air dam for both sides on the bottom somewhere..any ideas??

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Eazy-CPT-RIP said:
I tied cleaning the lid with a brilo pad..didnt help much..Its pretty scuffed up. What can I do to fix/clean up the lid? I plan on buying a new sticker for it also..
Take the decal off and then take the lid to any polishing shop. They can make it look great for very little money. My brother has an '82 GT and his came out great. See the picture of the air cleaner it at:
http://www.geocities.com/motrv8r/ken_2.html

·
Registered
642 Posts
Like 90trunk said to it to a polishing shop or you could even get the lid chromed plated.

As for the air inlet tubes, if you can't find used ones from another mustang Latemodel Restoration Supply sells them. They are a bit pricey though $25.00 each.

www.50resto.com

-Billy

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
One other option is to look for the discontinued Ford Motorsport chrome air cleaner lid that fit your application at a swap meet or on the Auction Block. It's a pretty obscure piece to locate, but one worth mentioning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts