Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone tried the seats summit is advertising for$200 in the ad in mm&ff magazine?im looking for some descent seats,but $650 for flofit or corbeau is out of my range.any suggestions?thanx,DAVE

·
Registered
481 Posts
i saw those summit seats in the magazine. they look EXACTLY like the ones carried by pep boys. i sat in them and they didnt seem very formfitting. there was plentry of room to slide from side to side. btw im 5'-10' 165#, so this may not apply to you. my solution to the seat problem was to buy camaro seats. i found a pair out of a 2001 z28. very comfortable. they dont look as wicked as my halo seats, but they arent 18 years old. plus they were 50 for the pair. if i can find them i will get leather uipholestry for them. just another option for you to consider.

·
Registered
423 Posts

I got my DAD seats from ebay $372 shipped. They seem really nice for the money. They seem like they weren't designed for larger people though. I am 5'6" 150lb and they fit me well but I don't see a 6'0" 200lb person liking them.

P.S. Yes, I am going to get the back seat reupholstered to match the fronts.

·
Registered
423 Posts
They are D.A.D. seats, Dynamic Auto Design. I didn't see the same guy on ebay right now but he usually on there. He had free shipping east of the Mississippi.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The quailty seems pretty good. It has cloth everywhere except on the bolsters, they are perferated vinyl. Stiching is flawless, the reclining feature could use finer adjusting though.
I did a fair amount of research before I bought them. I found a Porsche website and several guys had them in their cars and they all said they were the best quality low priced seat you can buy. I figured if they are good enough for a Porsche they are good enough for me.

·
Registered
365 Posts
http://www.andysautosport.com/racingseats/matrix.html

i like the matrix seats myself.. Im buying the grey and black ones, taking out the matrix writing on top an in teal put cobra in cursive.. I have a teal 93 w/ grey cloth seats, so those will work perfect for me.. but I like that type of design..

·
Registered
709 Posts
Tornado said:
The quailty seems pretty good. It has cloth everywhere except on the bolsters, they are perferated vinyl. Stiching is flawless, the reclining feature could use finer adjusting though.
I did a fair amount of research before I bought them. I found a Porsche website and several guys had them in their cars and they all said they were the best quality low priced seat you can buy. I figured if they are good enough for a Porsche they are good enough for me.
did the stock seat tracks bolt up or did you have to mod them? i'm thinking of buying a pair.

·
Registered
423 Posts
did the stock seat tracks bolt up or did you have to mod them?
No, they did not bolt right up to the stock tracks. I ran to Lowes and picked up some 3/16" flat steel, drilled the holes for the seats then drilled the holes for the stock tracks. They work perfectly now on the stock tracks!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Tornado said:
No, they did not bolt right up to the stock tracks. I ran to Lowes and picked up some 3/16" flat steel, drilled the holes for the seats then drilled the holes for the stock tracks. They work perfectly now on the stock tracks!
One thing you need to watch out for with those seats is fading. I bought a set for my '94 vert and they faded within 2 months. So keep you top up as much as possible and tint your windows if you dont have them already.

·
Registered
709 Posts
well i got the seats. same style as the ones in my link above but the color is completely different. they are solid dark blue on the site and i got light blue with black patches. seats are decent for the money. i'm gonna keep them anyway because they are 10 times better than what i have now. i called them and told them about the color and they said they show darker on the site. bull**** i said, told them they need to get actual pics and stop mis sleding people. they responded with ok,sorry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts