Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting a complete fuel system on my new combo. First the combo, Its a CHP 347 with AFR 185 heads, trick flow stage 2 cam, Powerdyne huffer(about 8 psi), 47 lbs injectors and and 80 mm pro m. I already have the paxton pickup tube, I will not be using a sumped tank. I will not be running an FMU. Now a few questions.

Will a single Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump be enough for this system?
If the A1000 is not big enough what should I go with?
Who has the best deals on Aeromotive stuff?
I may have some more questions I will ask later, but any info for now would be great.

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
870 Posts
you can not use that pump unless you sump. it is a pusher type pump and will fail on you for this reason, same with the new bg king sumo. if you want to use the paxton pickup you need to stick with something like the walbro gss392 pump(s) or the bosch 10211. both have real world experience to support over 600 at the wheels. the walbro twin setup is good to around 700-800. the bosch setup is my preference as it has a 18mm inlet and a 12 mm outlet. i run a -10 from pickup to aero 10 micron filter/bosch pump/ aero 100 micron filter. then -10 to y block in engine comp. &split into 2 -8 into back of each rail. out of each pro m rail with a -8 to reg. then -6 back to tank. the pump & metric fittings you can get at kinsler for around 500 with the bracket and fittings,(they also have another version for 100 less but i chose the race version as it is able to handle higher pressures). the walbro setup is nice but requires more splitting and y blocks to run line into 2 pumps and back out into 1 line so i did not go with it, also those extra fittings & y blocks adds to the expense and more places to leak. those pumps have only a 10 mm inlet and outlet. musclemotors carries the pump and -8 fittings with bracket $375. jd's will sell you the pumps for 290 but you still need 10mmx 1 to -6 or -8 fittings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts