Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like some honest and meaningful advice. I have a gen 3 coyote fbo with 150 shot and completely stock internals.

My plan was to install stage 2 cams and eventually go with a pro charger stage II kit.

However, I was told that while the cams might get me 30 more hp, I would lose a **** ton of torque. This person also told me that most boosted coyote’s are on stock cams.

Is this true?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have not heard anyone say anything about torque loss with aftermarket cams. Anytime you can get air in/out quicker, it'll make more power. More power with less boost. What I have heard complaints about, are drivability issues. Gas mileage, car's manners with part throttle, and idle issues

·
The real white95!
927 Posts
You will gain upper RPM power and you will lose low end torque with aftermarket cams. This is commonplace with most every type of engine. It won’t be as noticeable with a supercharger but you need cams meant for supercharger applications. Recommend you pony up the dough for custom cams.

·
The real white95!
927 Posts
Thanks for the honest replies. My Grand Dad used to always tell me, “Getting two or more mechanics to agree on the same thing is almost impossible”.
But I really appreciated all who replied.
Not a bad way to gather data! As they say, YMMV! (your mileage may vary)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts