Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who knows the thread size of the nut on the front brake lines of a 92GT?

I need a bigger MC, and need to go to a 2 port design.

If I remember right, there is a Ford part that screws in the bottom of the prop valve, a small block, that T's the lines off. Anyone know what I'm talking about??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Do you guys mean the nut hex size or the actual thread pitch? I believe the factory lines are 10mmx1.0 and use the metric hex wrenches. If you go to a two-port, the threads are all 3/8-24 or 7/16-24 with SAE hex sizes around 7/16 or so.

I wrote a real cool Fox brake upgrade article a few months back that included a bunch of info on the rear-disc upgrade as well. It had all kinds of info on thread sizes and a chart with all kinds of part numbers. I sent it in and so far it has not been added to the tech section. What a bummer!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
My mistake - the thread sizes I mentioned were all for the metering block. Off the top of my head, I think the thread sizes on the SVO/Lincoln MC (2-port) are 7/16-24 and 9/16-24. I'd have to check for sure, but I did use an adapter for at least one of those to mate the 3/16 brake line. It's easiest if you take the MC to an auto parts store and get some of the adapters when you can match them on the spot!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts