Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know of a good AOD trans guy in the central jersey area

i have a silverfox full manual valve body and 3500 stall

just finished up the top end it runs good but before i put the valvebody and converter in the car i wanna make sure the trans is good to go or have it rebuilt.

need good trans shop near trenton nj HELPPP..i wanna do burnouts been working on this car for 6 years finally got it runnin a few months ago and been saving to get the trans work done just need to find someone to drop the car off to

any info please email [email protected]

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont want to drive it that far, ive only taking it for short rides under 15 miles

if anyone knows of someone in the central Jersey area please let me know.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Precision Transmissions 856-663-5944

9400 Crescent Boulevard (Route 130)

Pennsauken, NJ 08110

just called and got a good price,,,,big thanks to NOTCH!!

856-663-5944

·
Registered
924 Posts
I had an AOD built for my Thunderbird by a local performance transmission shop (Alto Red Eagle clutches, 2" OD band, A+ billet servo, epoxy mod valve body, non-lockup input shaft, PI Stallion converter with 2800rpm stall speed). The whole package with the converter was $2500 installed. So figure around $1700-$2000 just for the transmission. Not cheap but it operates 100% better than a stock AOD.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im going down there tomorrow to talk to them in person, i got a good price over the phone but wanna make sure he will install the hardened input shaft and other parts to beef it up i want it to stand up to my abuse and 150hp nitrous hit, basically wanna drop the car off and pick it up done with it beefed up to handle 500hp and with my full manual valve body from silverfox and 3800 converter should make the car fun to drive, cause now its no fun at all!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
went ther etoday

this is what im getting

hardened direct shaft
direct drum
red altos
a servo
reverse input drum with diode
2" band
hes installing my silverfox MVB and 3800 converter
hope this works out

am i missing anything?

took it out today with bone stock trans what a POS looking ofrward to what this is gonna do to the seat of pants feel

·
Registered
1 Posts
im going down there tomorrow to talk to them in person,

i got a good price over the phone but wanna make sure he will install the hardened input shaft and

other parts to beef it up i want it to stand up to my abuse and 150hp nitrous hit,

basically wanna drop the car off and pick it up done with it beefed up to handle 500hp

and with my full manual valve body from silverfox and 3800 converter should make the car fun to drive,

cause now its no fun at all!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
im going down there tomorrow to talk to them in person,

i got a good price over the phone but wanna make sure he will install the hardened input shaft and

other parts to beef it up i want it to stand up to my abuse and 150hp nitrous hit,

basically wanna drop the car off and pick it up done with it beefed up to handle 500hp

and with my full manual valve body from silverfox and 3800 converter should make the car fun to drive,

cause now its no fun at all!!
you won't be disappointed, I have fmvb from silver fox it's awesome, your gonna love it.that valve body changes everything it shifts extremely hard. I had a stall that high in my old 306 if you're not turning 7000+ rpms you may not like it much. This guy's at precision do great work they are Mustang guys and drag racers I got an A O D they built me on my 500 horsepower 427 Windsor stroker

1 - 18 of 18 Posts