Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a long time since I've been on here.Just got a 2005 V6 Stang.

Just replaced the infamous leaking plastic thermostat housing with an aluminum one from Rock Auto (SKP I think was the brand name)

Anyway,the throttle body sits about 3/4" too high to go back on due to the 2005 model year only water heated throttle body hitting the top of the radiator hose.I'll try to put up the pics I took of it if possible,I'm really bad with that kind of stuff.Too old to get technology,lol

I need to know if I can just grind off that extra square chunk of metal on the bottom of the throttle body where the coolant hoses go in and out of it

Looks like that should give me plenty of clearance,but I'm a bit worried that it'll mess something up and I'll have to buy a new throttle body

I'll try to get pics up in a minute

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like pics are a no-go.I supposedly sent them twice to my email so as to put them up on here,and they're not in my email

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While I have a thread about throttle bodies up...there's not supposed to be a gasket where the throttle body bolts to the intake manifold,correct?Except for the plastic sort of an o-ring type of thingy that is

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 pic finally worked

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
111 views so far and no replies,so I take it nobody else has tried my idea.I'm goin' in,wish me luck,lol

I'll post up what happens,will it be epic fail,or world class win?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have a winner folks.

In case anyone's interested,my crazy idea of grinding off the bottom of the throttle body seems to have worked just fine.I had to take off almost all of the "water box" part to barely get enough clearance,but it definitely can't cause any trouble.It's just a hollow area for the coolant to circulate through

I didn't think to take any "after" pics of the modded body,but there wasn't really much to see

Of course,I had to also do the bypass mod for the coolant lines that attached to the part I removed

·
Registered
90 Mustang 5.0 5spd, 400+ HP
196 Posts
Yes it's true, "size really does matter!"

Ooops, sorry, LOL. I read your title and then jumped to answer your "Need answer ASAP" proclamation. Figured that was the answer to your request.

At least that's always the answer when my 1 or 2 buddies always screams that sentence. HA HA ha

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Giggity.Btw,your number of posts when I read this,more than 68,but less than 70,giggity

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's the magic number,giggity

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.