Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished the last part of my setup for nitrous, im using a compucar kit (wet), micro switch on the pedal for the power to the solinoids, window switch for the neg to solinoids 3000-6000, msd multi stage retard to retard timing from 18 degs to 10 or 12 degs. only thing is the activation switch for the retard box is tied in to the power to the solinoids, will this activate in time to retard the timing? or am i in for a big backfire????? plus im running five speed so i will getting in and out of the gas during runs, will i get backfires here also? any suggestions will be taken seriously.....

·
Registered
286 Posts
You shouldn't have any problems with what you have. But i would make sure the timing is at least 10 or less. The compucar kit is a great starter kit. Your ? on the retard box is yes, it will activate in time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes with the retard, i rewired it to the power going to the micro switch so it will retard when i turn the nos on not when its activated, so its retarded before i spray. put an 8 deg chip in, timing set at 18 deg, when activated it only drops to 11 deg. going to swap with the 9 deg today before i try it for the first, thanks for you response

·
Registered
286 Posts
the retard box is part #8970, He is using the pills. I have the retard module selector part #8676

1 - 5 of 5 Posts