Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone through a stool through the back window this morning and i need some advice from people who know how this might work. the cops filed a report....the bad thing is the stool knicked the right rear quarter panel and it took the paint off to the metal with a small dent........does anyone know how much those rear windows cost? and what can i expect to have to do with my insurance company and such.....any advice or ways to make my life easier i'd appreciate...should i take it to ford for the window and quarter repair? well...i'm off to clean up glass...thanks for any info.

·
Registered
83 Posts
that sucks...

i had something similar happen to my old car, some dumbschmuck ran into the back of my car, and my wife's car, only leaving small scratches on my bumper.

i was livid, and the police said sorry. since there were no witnesses they couldn't charge anybody for the hit and run, even though they lived in the next apartment building(i found their car with my paint on it). they said the best case was to report it to my insurance(pay my deductable, live with the rate jacking) and have them go after the people who did it.

i'd take your car to a body shop, and have them do an estimate. they may be able to fix you up for less than your deductable...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ttt

·
Registered
501 Posts
Damn, there has to be a good story here! I've seen a winshield smashed out with a pool stick before but never a bar stool.

Some of the Paintless dent repair places can do a small paint repair also as can a body shop.

Sorry to hear about your car, I'd be freaking pissed off as hell if it was mine!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Havok...thanks for the info.......where did you have it done? ford?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.