Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing a pair of M/M tubular rear LCA's and I'm in the process of mounting a rear steeda sway bar. The thing is that I don't know which way it mounts, with the brackets inside or outside the arms? I tried outside first but it seems you have to give it all hell to make them fit, and the way they mount seems to put alot of tension or pressure and I don't want the sway bar to start cracking. I tried the other way and there seems to be a 1/4" gap of free room between the sway bar mounts and the arms mounting points, nothing a lttle tugging and some washers can't fix, but I want to install it the right way?

·
Registered
119 Posts
subscribing, I have the same question!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
With my Griggs tubular rams I had to filp the clips to make the bolts go on from the inside out with the swaybar being on the outsides of the arms.

You can kind of see if in this pic:

This was before I mounted up the e-brake / abs wire braket 'for real'.

Shawn

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
My stock rear sway bar is mounted to the inside of my MM tubular lower control arms.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Jeses man, do you realize that I had this problem at the end of 2002 and posted the thread the following month. All of the sudden people start replying in 2004? :confused:

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Yung Than said:
Jeses man, do you realize that I had this problem at the end of 2002 and posted the thread the following month. All of the sudden people start replying in 2004? :confused:
:lol: :lol:

Too funny. When anyways, what was the final verdict for anyone else interested?

Shawn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts