Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a 6 point bar for the notch and I am looking at wolfe racecraft and s and w. I have heard nothing bad about wolfe but hear this and that about the s & w kit. Can anyone tell me why I should fork out the extra cash for the wolfe kit? Also...do I need to do my subs at the same time? What does everyone recommend as far as subs? Through the floor? I kind of like my full comp global wests on the cobra...so....maybe I will just do those...but I am curious if I need to do them at the same time. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
670 Posts
roll cage

I have the S and w in my notch. Can't be happier. Although I would recommend getting the swing out bars. Its a royal pain in the ass getting in and out!! You can see some of the picts at www.westsidemustang.com. I think its under project cars, but just browse through the site, its there somehwere!
Jeff

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
The difference is in the preparedness of the rollbars. The Wolfe bar is pre notched and ready to roll, no cutting needed. It is really very high quality, a buddy of mine has their 10 point cage.

A bar like the S&W is not notched, so work will need to be done in order to make it work (as far as I know).

·
Registered
571 Posts
I just put the S&W in my 90 GT and you get what you pay for. I had to do a lot of cutting and grinding to get it to fit. The bars are notched but not great and the angles of the ends of the bars that go to the floor needed major adjusting. If I had to do it again I would pay the extra for the jig notched Wolfe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.