Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After putting on my supercharger, my intake elbow hits the seam in my cowl hood.

I hear these mounts drop ¾”, but with my Canton Pan and Manual rack, I don’t have ¾”
between them maybe a little more then ½”. I am going to shim the hood and try to tilt the motor a bit to try to gain some room, but I think I am going to have to drop the motor a bit.

Does any one else make these mounts, can I shim them, or modify my vert. mounts?

I have a procharger head unit and had to piece together the tubing to the intake and intercooler, so I am using a 3” 90deg elbow at the TB. Any one make a short 90 elbow, I am also going to try to trim up the elbow but I don’t think I have that much room.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
I do. The mounts will drop the motor that much but my Canton pan sat on my manual rack. I used a couple washers between the block and mounts to rais it back up. It clears now but I maybe got 3/8" or so actual drop from it. Offset rack bushing could allow more drop if it's required.

·
Registered
615 Posts
so the main concern is clearing the power steering rack? i suppose the k member is that much of a problem then? Wonder if an auto rack would be more in the way of a manual?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts