Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering moving my 3-core intercooler from vertical to horitzontally mounting . Does ATI offer this set-up from the factory?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Mine is horizontal but it really is best if you don't have a front swaybar. Otherwise the back end of it hangs down quite a bit and if your car is lowered it might hit some things on the road. ATI has a kit for this type of setup (tubing, scoop, etc). I made my own scoop out of aluminum so it would catch more air and mine is the sheet metal unit, the cast unit is a little smaller than mine.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ian said:
Why move it Austin?

Ian
I live in a hot climate (Dallas) and the combinatin of the front intercooler and a.c condenser may be restricting the flow to the radiator. I want this car to be my primary dailly driver and don't want to worry about over-heating and keeping it tuned.

I have been building up a 10:5 to 1 333 to replace the blown 308.

I just got my blower back from ATI and I am having a hard time convincing myself to sell it. So I've been looking at options for keeping the blower.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
austin flash said:
I live in a hot climate (Dallas) and the combinatin of the front intercooler and a.c condenser may be restricting the flow to the radiator.
It is.....and it's also sending the heated air from the intercooler through the radiator.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Very good point Austin.

If you are looking to move it, I would copy John's setup exactly :)

Ian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts