Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is the deal... i have 5grand to play with. i am getting fats and skinnies, mac long tubes with mac off road h-pipe, pullies, diablo chip, and haven't decided on a set of heads or an intake. i want to stay n/a for the time being and then eventually get her blown. any ideas would be awesome.... thanks
jimmy

2000 Mustang Gt

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I agree with Black01GT, I have almost all the lil bolt ons you can think of .... I should have gone with a power adder ... If you want to stay NA, port and polish those heads, upgrade the pistons & rods since you are 1/2 there, get some nice cams, LTs, gears, LCA, SFC and pullies.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm with KenB Stay N/A.:evil:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Mac longtubes, why? you have money, get hooker super-comps ceramic coated, best longtube IMO and you dont have to take em out when dropping the transmission, i'd go n/a as well, id get some SHM heads or a fox lake port job and a ported bullitt intake with some aftermarket billet cams, not re-grinds. then after that, do a little suspension, then your car will be runnin damn good.

kevin

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Just drop the engine and put in a SHM 347 Longblock :D
Or for around 3500 you can put on a Vortech and add a few ponies to your present motor ;)

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
Oh, Don't forget the Hush Thrush :D

·
Registered
701 Posts
If I had that much to play with, I would go ahead and get a power adder because I wouldn't have that much again...

But, if you want to go N/A, then go with a bad ass head job and cams. F**k the intake. Until you get a power adder, the intakes are completely worthless...

·
Registered
232 Posts
trublu462v said:
Mac longtubes, why? you have money, get hooker super-comps ceramic coated, best longtube IMO and you dont have to take em out when dropping the transmission, i'd go n/a as well, id get some SHM heads or a fox lake port job and a ported bullitt intake with some aftermarket billet cams, not re-grinds. then after that, do a little suspension, then your car will be runnin damn good.

kevin
I am not trying to be a jerk, but what are you basing your opinion on? I own these headers and I would not recommend them to anybody. I posted many times before about these, poor slip collector design, leaks at the slip joint on the two primaries around the steering nuckle, rubbing on the passenger side of the K member, some of the bellhouse bolts are covered by the primaries. I don't know why I see people keep recommending Hookers, especially since the ones doing it seem to never own them. If you are going after long tubes, get the BBKs...I will be

·
Registered
232 Posts
oh, and don't even get me started on the matching x-pipe...

·
Registered
232 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Htown46 said:
F**k the intake. Until you get a power adder, the intakes are completely worthless...
:rolleyes:

I just love the tech that gets passed around this place...

Bill

1 - 20 of 51 Posts