Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've checked some different websites and it seems the asking price for Mystic Cobra's is all over the place. Anyone with recent experience or knowledge of a what someone actually paid for one want to guess a value on this one?

AutoTrader Mystic Cobra

With only 1999 made it sure seems like there is a lot of them for sale....

Thanks a pile

·
Registered
129 Posts
crazy if he thinks he'll get 18-20K for that car. I would not pay 18K for one with less than 5K miles and stock too. The economy is depressed and the used car market in utterly erroded. He will have that car a while for that price. I would pay 13K for that car, maybe.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would say $14k to 15k for that one. But one with 5,000 miles and like new would be woth $18,000 or more. I have not found many 96, 97, 98 Cobras for less than $14k period. Doug

·
Registered
474 Posts
Gator,

Yeah, he is asking too much for that car. The mods as you know, are generally not value enhancers. Plus, with a built rear end like he has, I'm sure it wasn't done because he granny's the car around town.

FWIW, there was a Mystic in the Sun Sentinel classified last Sunday, advertised in excellent condition with 70k miles, $10,000 obo. You may want to check their website.

Good luck,
Brian

·
Registered
17 Posts
The mystic cobra is a nice car , but I also believe he is asking to much . If you can ( I dunno if you like the current style cobra ) order the myst-chrome cobra coming out in 2004 . I want to see what the color changing leather seats look like .
just my 2 cents

·
Registered
75 Posts
I agree, that car is way over priced! I got my car in April of 2002 for 19K, and it only had 4700 miles on it -plus about 3K worth of mods (rims, suspension ect.). Back when i was looking for a car i spent hours doing it almost everday and the best site I found was www.mysticcobra.net (highly recommend) and of course Ebay. That site also has pictures of the 2004 MystiChrome (even the seats)

Good luck searching - Tyler

·
Registered
39 Posts
right now i can get a mystic with a bad motor for 4500, yes i think that one is over priced.

the cobra is in the Littlerock area it's been in the papers there for a long time. the person is asking alot for it in the paper but really just wants it gone now an is will to let it go very cheap.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not really looking for a Mystic. I'm selling this and I'm considering a trade for the Mystic + $$.

Right now we are looking at the Mystic + $5k and me keeping about $1200 in parts from the kit. I would need to be able to sell the Mystic for $13k-$14k to not loose any more money.

Thanks for all of your opinions.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm constantly looking at other Mystics for sale. It seems right now, the best deal you'll find is at a dealership.

I'm with everyone else saying that these individuals selling their cars have them WAY overpriced.

These cars aren't brand new, and getting older everyday. When the new Mystics come out, and the '05 Mustangs hit the streets, value on these will drop even more. But I'm sure you'll see these things trying to be sold for upwards of $18k.

I payed $18,500 for my first Mystic in the summer of '00. Totalled it in August. Insurance payed me $19k.

Oct. of 2000 I bought my 2nd (and current Mystic) for $20k with 27k miles and in perfect condition. After 3 years and tons of money gone, I totalled this one roughly around November last year. Insurance only valued the car at $12,500. So thats all I got for it.

If you were to try to go get a loan on a car this old, chances are the bank will only do a 2 year loan. And paying off $20k over 2 years at 7% is going to be a huge kick in the ass. Especially when you consider in 2 and a half more years, these cars will be 10 years old.

I love Mystic Cobras, and if I wasn't so in debt with my last one, I'd hopefully be looking to get a Mystichrome '04. But alas...I keep paying on a car I can't drive :crying:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts