Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my son, his name is Kollin. Let me tell you what a great kid I have. Without going into years of detail I would say that his best quality is that He almost always considers others first. Even when facing such an early death, his prayers last night were focused on abused children all because we drove by a sign that gave some stats on child abuse. He really is a great kid. I am blessed to be his second dad and I am blessed to learn from him what faith really means.

If you believe in prayer, I am asking you from the bottom of my heart to put it to use! I have three specific prayer requests that I ask of you. The first is that God will heal my son's heart and make him well. The second is that our family will have the strength to carry on and the third is that if my boy should go home to be with Jesus, that we will accept it as Gods perfect will.

When Kollin was four we discovered that he had a rare heart disease called HCM. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in simplest definition it is when the heart muscle becomes hard and has to work extra hard to function. Have you ever heard of a healthy football player dropping dead on the field? That is an example of a case where the disease was not discovered until too late. We were blessed to discover Kollins condition at an early age but unfortunately his condition has suddenly taken a turn for the worse. His doctor has placed him at a rare "Sudden Death" risk due to massive hardening and blockage of his heart that occurred over the last six months. We are waiting on a group of doctors at UAB to discuss our options. It is already too late to scrape his heart to thin the muscle so we are not sure what we face.

Kollin is really the strong one through all of this. His biggest concern is that if he dies, his 7 month old baby sister will have never known him. How do you respond to that?

Please pray for my boy. Please ask your church and everyone you know to pray for him. You can email me for more information if you want that you can forward to others to pray for Kollin. My email address is badride5 at gmail.com

Thank you and God bless you!

Awake because of Christ,
Scott Smith

·
Registered
5 Posts
My heart hurts as I read your story. I will pray for your son and you and your family. I pray that God gives the doctors the wisdom to help heal him. Through Christ, All things are possible. May God's Love and Blessings be with you.

Andy Davis

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so very much Andy! I forgot all about making this entry. Get ready for this, Kollin in now completely healed. I give all the credit to God and His mercy and much thanks to people just like you who answered the call to prayer!

It was a scary journey, we took Kollin in for a routine checkup and monitor, when his doctor saw something new. He did not want to get our hopes up or down so he sent us to B-Ham. While there, the doctors were amazed at the amount of renewing of his heart muscle. It was now operable. Just to shorten this up a little, Kollin had the surgery, came home a week later and now after less than a year (VERY BIG SMILE AND A TEAR ON MY FACE) afterwards is on a baseball team and is just as normal as any other boy! All I can say is thank you Jesus and thanks for all the prayers.

I am amazed at how many people I know try and tell me God had nothing to do with this and the doctors were all wrong and yada, yada, yada... all I know is my boy was close to death and now he is fine and God answered the prayers of many people.

Anyway, I am sorry for causing the pain from the story, thank you so much for caring!

·
SVTOA Chapter Director
429 Posts
My heart also goes out to you, I cant imagine being in your shoes what I would have done. Glad everything turned out for the best and hopefully your family does not have to deal with this again.............Josh

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Josh! I really appreciate it man!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Something caused me to read your blog this morning. I am glad I did. It warms my heart to know your faith in our Lord even today is a miracle working God. Give Kollin a high five for me!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will do! Thanks friend!

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
SScott I read your blog here after your comments on my car and the edge trim. Look I'm not a man of God and to be honest can't seem to wrap my head around all that. However I am a father and know what it means to invest you life in you kids and family. I have 2 sons who are gown now and on there own so I can say from one father to another you touched my heart with your story. I will be thinking about you and your son and wish for you happiness.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks man! He is doing well and keeps getting the seal of approval from the regular heart doctor checkups!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was praying for you and your family as I was reading your post. I can't tell you how happy I am, not just that your son is doing great, but also at your faith in God. May he continue to bless you and your family throughout your days.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the kind words and blessings and prayer is always welcomed and appreciated! Kollin has a big ol beard now is becoming a man lol, really proud of this kid and very thankful to all who prayed and thankful to the Lord the most.

PowerHungry89;bt1865 said:
I was praying for you and your family as I was reading your post. I can't tell you how happy I am, not just that your son is doing great, but also at your faith in God. May he continue to bless you and your family throughout your days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts