Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put an O/R H pipe on the stang, and have been driving it without MIL's for about 500 miles. Finally last night the SES light came on. Time for MIL's right? Wrong... this morning, I jump in the car and the light is out. Drove about 50 miles, still no light. What gives, I thought once the light came on, the only way to get rid of it was to reset the codes or the computer?

·
Registered
315 Posts
gmack00GT said:
I put an O/R H pipe on the stang, and have been driving it without MIL's for about 500 miles. Finally last night the SES light came on. Time for MIL's right? Wrong... this morning, I jump in the car and the light is out. Drove about 50 miles, still no light. What gives, I thought once the light came on, the only way to get rid of it was to reset the codes or the computer?

You don't have cat converter do ya? You will need MIL eliminator kit. The only way to get rid of MIL is to use scanner, because you got EEC5 system. You cannot just disconnect battery to erase codes any more. I can't tell you how many times I have service that problem, lot of people out there really don't know exactly how EEC 5 system works.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh, thats what I thought. Once you get the code, it won't go away until you get the code erased. So, how come my SES light went out and hasn't come back on?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts