Ford Mustang Forums banner

441 - 458 of 458 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #441
This is an awsome project and it is extremely well done. I like when people pay attention to details like that it really shows when someone really cares :)

once again good job :)

Thanks for the nice words!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Game plan is to have everything ripped apart down to the short block soon. Going to bring short block to L&M Race Engines next Friday to have them clean everything, check the bore, and start looking everything over. In a perfect world, I'll just need new bearings and piston rings, and the short block will be good to go. First thing up, I'm running a stock oil pan. Now would be the time to upgrade. I'm not normally a fan of MMR, but anybody running their 7 qt with windage tray? I'm only running a stock pan now with a stock 4v oil pump and a 15/16 pickup. Will I be able to use my same 15/16" pickup with this pan without any issues? Do you guys think the wind screen would be worth the extra coin? I also plan to upgrade my stock gears in the 4v pump to TSS billet gears

http://www.modularmotorsportsracing....roducts_id=309
I do and the oil pan from mmr sits too low

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #446
sorry, haven't been on the forums in forever. Got the car on the dyno a few weeks ago and have about 200 miles on it to date, loving it. Car made 815/700 through the auto on 19psi. Ran out of injector. If i go bigger on injectors and run 25 or so psi would imagine 900 or so range. At this point, just going to enjoy it this summer

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #448

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Damn, I wish you were closer I'd love to do a Light Painting photo shoot of your car.

ks

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I enjoy playing and experimenting with photography. There is sooo many things that can be done with it these days. I have some ideas I want to do but no time now to do it plus my car being black kinds limits what can be done to create a good image. Light Painting (which is done at night) a black car is difficult to get kewl results but something with color like red or silver or blue really pops in photos. I'm sure there are people in your area that do it for fun.

ks

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #456
Not right now, but I knew going into it I would eventually need to add a 2nd WG or relocate the 1 now

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Before going that route look into changing the WG air lines to something larger and make sure the bleed hole at the valve has nothing restricting it like a muffler.
The WG's use those little hoses to exhaust the air pressure from the domes but if they are too small (1/8") then the air can't escape fast enough so the boost spikes.
If they are smaller than 1/4" tubing then you may want to try this and again, make sure the exhaust hole on the valve is wide open and no "muffler".
I used to have a 3-4psi spike with 1/8" lines but went to 1/4" lines and that fixed it even tho the lines are now longer.

ks

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #458
Before going that route look into changing the WG air lines to something larger and make sure the bleed hole at the valve has nothing restricting it like a muffler.
The WG's use those little hoses to exhaust the air pressure from the domes but if they are too small (1/8") then the air can't escape fast enough so the boost spikes.
If they are smaller than 1/4" tubing then you may want to try this and again, make sure the exhaust hole on the valve is wide open and no "muffler".
I used to have a 3-4psi spike with 1/8" lines but went to 1/4" lines and that fixed it even tho the lines are now longer.

ks
Great advice, thank you! I’ll definitely look into that first before I go ripping the hotside off.

441 - 458 of 458 Posts