Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put arf165 renegades/Ed Curtis custom cam/tmoss explorer on my 89 hatch with stock maf and stock injectors. Got it to [email protected] 1.84 60ft..69 degree ambient….this is with team Z subframe with c/o 70/30 struts, bias ply slicks through tremec tko500,3.73 rear…my goal is to drop into the 7’s n/a…only thing left to do power wise is bigger injectors/maf..is it feasible to pic up .3 with proper maf/injectors? I do plan on Holley terminator X when coming off back order so I don’t have to run any MAF.

·
Registered
125 Posts
What’s the weight? Probably should be low 7s in the 1/8 and mid 11s in the quarter.
Definitely need bigger injectors and MAF and then get the 60’ down.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was 3060 with t5..added a heavier tko but then did k member and coil overs and aluminum heads so I’m feeling 3000k now..I’m 290 so about 3300 with me driving…

·
Registered
397 Posts
What's the DA? What RPM are you launching at? Should be a little more in the 60'

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Better launch...Rev her to 5K and dump it. And A bigger MAS youd be close. What tire psi are you running. Tire?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
If the existing injectors are not maxed, changing injectors will give you nothing. If you have a stock MAF an upgraded MAF will help but there is no point going any bigger than 70mm with that intake. The inlet is 65mm. I highly doubt you'll pick up .3 from a MAF swap. If you're using a calibrated MAF for bigger injectors, you will absolutely benefit from a tune. Calibrated MAFs work but as far as the computer is concerned, the load reflected in the computer isn't really accurate so timing is affected. It's how the calibrated MAFs work unfortunately.

·
Registered
65 fastback pump gas .060 289 (297) solid roller, T5 all motor. 11.12 122 mph
687 Posts
1.8407 60ft, 5.42 330’ 8.38 1/8, 82.99 mph 2686ft alt.
It didn’t tear up the back half of the 1/8. I will say two things are hurting you. First the elevation. Been there and done that racing at LACR when I was young before it closed. Second is I bet your shifting is costing you significant ET.

Sea level with a faceplated manual and a decent 60 ft. You would probably be surprised how fast your car actually wants to be.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If the existing injectors are not maxed, changing injectors will give you nothing. If you have a stock MAF an upgraded MAF will help but there is no point going any bigger than 70mm with that intake. The inlet is 65mm. I highly doubt you'll pick up .3 from a MAF swap. If you're using a calibrated MAF for bigger injectors, you will absolutely benefit from a tune. Calibrated MAFs work but as far as the computer is concerned, the load reflected in the computer isn't really accurate so timing is affected. It's how the calibrated MAFs work unfortunately.
I’m have 42lb injectors ready to be installed with 75mm maf..it will be tuned by Leech Motorsports through Moates QH..I decided give a tuned a9l a honest shot over the terminator X…

·
Registered
306 Posts
I’m have 42lb injectors ready to be installed with 75mm maf..it will be tuned by Leech Motorsports through Moates QH..I decided give a tuned a9l a honest shot over the terminator X…
i like Leech. He’s pretty dang good at stock computer fox/sn95 stuff. He’s got some good tutorials on his youtube channel.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Try 14. Then lower in .5 increments. 60s should be better than 1.70. I lowered by 1/4 in a tenth with a ported stock to 60mm maf. That was with stock long block. Back in the day. Those 2= 8.0s. Bettering shifting ie points? Remove spare/less gas ie 1/4 tank. 83mph is 8.0s.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts