Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Michael Plummer Performance is going to conduct an interview with Chris Richards from Pro-M Racing on the weekend of the April 19th or 20th. If anyone has any questions they'd liked asked please post it below. We'll try to ask as many intelligent questions as possible but we are limited by time. Topics will include mass air meters, engine management systems and engine troubleshooting (idle problems).

Thank you
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'm going to conduct an interview with Chris Richards from Pro-M Racing on the weekend of the April 19th or 20th. If anyone has any questions they'd liked asked please post it below. We'll try to ask as many intelligent questions as possible but we are limited by time. Topics will include mass air meters, engine management systems and engine troubleshooting (idle problems).

Thank you
Michael Plummer

Mike,

I look forward to you interviewing Chris. Having his product you would be be the very best in conducting this format. Can't remember if I have ever seen something like this but it will be great to see you both in the video.

SICKFOX

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Mike, ask him how they are coming along with the meth tuning feature you mentioned in your write up. I'm sure I can think of a few more.

·
Registered
25,617 Posts
ohhh yes, and

injector timing.......and most important

manifold fuel wetting during transient engine transitions and its role for drivability.

·
Premium Member
5,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ohhh yes, and

injector timing.......and most important

manifold fuel wetting during transient engine transitions and its role for drivability.
Same applies here, can you please formulate your question.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Cool beans.

Is this at the application level, or will additional wiring be required also to the someone like you who has the first harness? ;)

·
Registered
25,617 Posts
Why is mass airflow preferred over speed density with your standalone?

Is sequential injector firing necessary over batch?

·
Registered
25,617 Posts
How do you recommend injector timing in respect to intake timing events?

How does one tune for manifold fuel wetting during transient throttle states?

·
Premium Member
5,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Indy,
Thank you for the great questions.

Q) Why is mass airflow preferred over speed density with your standalone?
Q) Is sequential injector firing necessary over batch?
Q) How do you recommend injector timing in respect to intake timing events?
Q) How does one tune for manifold fuel wetting during transient throttle states?

A few others:
Q) Is a slot style MAF really more accurate than a tonsil style MAF? Any advantages of using one over the other?
Q) Why is your EMS so expensive.
Q) Why do you recommend that your TPS voltage be set at 0.90vdc vs. 0.98-0.99vdc?
Q) Why does my car surge when the engine is Cold or Hot?

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'm going to conduct an interview with Chris Richards from Pro-M Racing on the weekend of the April 19th or 20th. If anyone has any questions they'd liked asked please post it below. We'll try to ask as many intelligent questions as possible but we are limited by time. Topics will include mass air meters, engine management systems and engine troubleshooting (idle problems).

Thank you
Michael Plummer

Mike,

When you are personally conducting the Chris Richards interview the topic of proper grounding could be a interesting discussion.

SICKFOX

·
Premium Member
5,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mike,

When you are personally conducting the Chris Richards interview the topic of proper grounding could be a interesting discussion.
SICKFOX
It will be easier if you can formulate what you're asking into a question.

Thanks
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
how about when are they going too put a injector driver module for low impedance injectors in there $2200 system. i am running a low impedance box on my car she runs mint cold or hot idle its all good i am so happy i did this.

·
Premium Member
5,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
how about when are they going too put a injector driver module for low impedance injectors in there $2200 system. i am running a low impedance box on my car she runs mint cold or hot idle its all good i am so happy i did this.
Surprised you haven't upgraded your injectors to high impedance. Today's high impedance injectors are superior to the older stuff and even some low impedance injectors. You should checkout
Injector Dynamics: Injector Dynamics - The standard for tuners and car builders worldwide., they are high dollar injectors but there worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I have a couple questions

1> What is the injector actuation precision time?

2> what is the maximum unscaled airflow the ecu is capable of calculating?

·
Premium Member
5,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
More potential questions. I hope people understand we are limited by time, so I'll decide which questions are more beneficial to the majority as opposed to the minority or one.

Q) Reversion filtering. Mechanical vs. electronic, and electronic within the meter vs. within the processor.

Q) MAF air sampling averaging method. Abaco vs. Pro-M

Q) Aftermarket electronics vs OEM level electronics. As it applies to both ECMs and sensors, particularly the sensors.

Q) Are Mass Air Sensors a restriction?

Q) What is Self tuning .

Q) VE as it applies to engine management.

Q) Why aren't more people talking about this system if its so good? Lots out there about Moates, the SCT racers package and of course the Megasquirt system and others.

·
Premium Member
5,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Someone wanted to know the history behind Chris Richards and Pro-M Racing. Like I stated before we are limited by time, and I don't want to waste time with a walk down memory lane. I'll list what I know, and I apologize for any inaccuracies.

* Bob Atwood started: Professional Flow Technologies
* Bob Atwood sold to Jim Gonzales and Jim started: Best Products.
* Pro Flow Technologies was started, and operated under the parent company (Best Products)

* Pro Flow Technologies started a product line called: Pro-M Racing
* JR Ganatelli now involved and private labeled: Pro-M Racing

* Chris Richards now runs/owns: Pro-M Racing or Professional Flow Technologies

Someone keeps alluding to me conducting this interview, I will not be conducting this interview. Robin Lussier will be conducting the interview with Chris Richards. Robin has worked with few performance shops in the New England area, and I can assure you she understands the Mustang aftermarket just fine. This interview is not about me or Robin, it's about Chris Richards and his views.

Thank you
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
593 Posts
When purchasing a pro m maff ,for example a 92mm to be used with 60 lb injectors. Do you recommend the maff to be calibrated to the 60 lb injectors or have it adjusted to the specs of a stock maff and have every thing tuned within the factory ECM ?

Either way the engine is going to need to be tune with such a large injectors, what are the advantages or disadvantages of the calibrated maff vs. Not, in regards to my example

Thanks

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.