Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to clean up my engine bay a little. I hope to some day be able to do the show quality type where you fill in all the holes and color match it to the exterior. For right now, I think I did a pretty good job.

BEFORE: :barf:

AFTER: :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
very clean nice job...any slipping on the w/p pulley with the belt like that? i'm going to be running like that for a short time until i get a meziere elec pump

·
Registered
179 Posts
Looks great, but if you thought your engine bay looked like :barf: in the 'before' shots, you may have some self-image issues to deal with ;).

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tumm37...... no belt slipage. i put some grip tape around the pulley just in case. I plan on going with a Meziere pump when my funds allow it.

Arthur42...I'm pretty hard on myself when it comes to cleanliness. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Stew_Magoo...I knew that was coming. I used my wifes camera and thats her little camera case.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Looks really good.

Is your mass-air meter supported by the stock bracket or hanging free like a SN95 maf?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Looks good. I would get a black dist. cap though.

·
11,167 Posts
Man, the "after" shots really show how you removed that pink purse!

·
Registered
131 Posts
It looks good. I am planning an underhood refresh this winter on my 93 LX. I am debating repainting the fender aprons body color or black. Looking at your pics makes me want to go black. I think body color looks nice but the black suits me better. My car is red and has been repainted laser red so the inner fenders are a slightly different shade. I would think the black would hold up to DD abuse better and not show dirt and imperfections as much. If it was a show car it would be different. But, I am building more of a street and track car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts