Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford wants 240 bucks for the assembly. I don't think so! I checked all the local junk yards and niether had one. I even called Mustang Parts specialities. Please advise.

347 being installed right now!

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Try http://car-part.com/ . You want a seat track - front. You'll want to do a nationwide search. Do a search on a wide number of years. If you have a fox, do the fox years.

Also, do a search on the forums. I just went over soemthing similar with a 94/95(?) owner. It was either here or stangnet. Search for "power seat".

Also, you can try ebay.

·
Registered
33 Posts
you either have a bad switch, bad motor, or bad wiring between the two. Your probably gonna find that the motor's brushes are dirty. pull the seat out and get it to where you can see the motors good. I'd take it apart and clean the armature with some scotch-brite or some very fine sand paper. But you might be able to get by gently blowing air thru a hole in the motor, towards the rear is where the brushes are. if you can move teh shaft on the motor, you can probably get it working. Put a couple of "quick" squirts of wd-40 thru a vent hole near the brushes. rotate the motor several time in both directions. or if yo can figure out how get power on the motor, hook it up to the batt. Don't use alot of wd-40, and don't spray it while the motor is running. might have to get a whole new seat after the smoke clears! lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts