Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo yo my name is Brian I drive a 94 GT 5.0. recently my car has been vibrating agressively.I had a mechanic look at it and was told I needed to change my motor mounts. So i go pick up the parts motor and transmission mounts, and he also changed my rear brakes. Paid him $250 went to pick the car up and the vibrating is worse than when I dropped the car off. i talked to him and he said he did not diagnose the car or anything and he recommends I take it to someone else. the normal guys that look at my car have been swamped and could not work on it. Im here and i want to gain some knowledge and see if it could be something else that me or the mechanic could be missing. it only vibrates when i accelerate.

If anyone could help me or give me some insight on it that would be great, because i do not want to sell it but its the only vehicle i have at the moment.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
If it's vibrating when you rev the car without driving it, check the balancer, the outer ring has probably skipped making it out of balance. If it's happening with driving only, check the u joints in the drive shaft.

Reactions: Flade

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it's vibrating when you rev the car without driving it, check the balancer, the outer ring has probably skipped making it out of balance. If it's happening with driving only, check the u joints in the drive shaft.
would that have to be a shop inquiry or depending on how mechanically inclined i am could i check that my self?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it kind of does it both when i rev the car and while im driving so should i check all of that?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.