Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
My 93 Lx weighs 3225 without my big butt in it. is the 3445 with you sitting in it?? do you have a speaker box in back??

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
What options does it have?
How do you know it weighs that amount? Was scales incorrect? Weigh it at another set of scales to see for sure.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
my 93 with all accessories, leather int, 16in pony's weighed a little over 3400 with me in the seat, I weigh 215-220.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Hell my 1989 coupe with me weighed 3420 last time it was on a scale a few years back. No option car but it didn't help I'm 260.:D

·
Registered
8,621 Posts
With me in the car, and with the car in full street trim with spare tire, full tank and all that, my car weighs 3390 pounds. I weigh 195 so the car is 3195 pounds without my ass in it

That's a fully loaded LX with all options including AOD.

·
Registered
364 Posts
You bunch of fat bastards (joke) my 1983 3.8 GLX Vert weighs a little over 2800 with me in it. Hmmm, 230 HP @ 2800 lbs. = look out 5.0's. That and my front cylinders are centered over the wheel bearings. No smokey burnouts for me without a line lock. Soon to come is a 4R70W with it's 2.84 first gear and a 3000 RPM stall. It would be funny to see a six-banger pull the fronts.

Just thought I'd give you an idea of how much all that extra emmissions and fuel injection equipment wieghs beyond the basic car.

Vernon

·
Registered
345 Posts
230HP 3.8? I assume you've done mods to this thing! If I remember correct, the 3.8 in my buddy's 86 T-Bird put out a whopping 120HP and weighed near 4K (That was one slow ass car...believe me)
By the way, my 90 LX Hatch 5 Speed weighs 2970 :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yeah Mike it's full race. I had a nice long build-up article on the six shooter board I was going to link to but the whole damn boards been erased, it has started over again. I think I can find a copy.

How did you get that hatch so light? Is that a fuelie 302 or what?

Vernon

·
Registered
345 Posts
Sounds like a good article! I love reading about people doin crazy things with cars nobody ever thinks of doing things with. Must be cool to pick on some 5.0's who don't know whats goin on under your hood!
The only thing I can think of for my car being so light is cause its a 4-cyl conversion. I think there may have been a few bolts left out.... :lol: It has power windows, AC, Power Steering, no glass hood or nothing. Only weight saving item on the car are draglites all around, and I had the spare and jack out. Hoping to get some better times soon with the car after a new shortblock is put in. Then its Turbo Time :joy:

·
Registered
52 Posts
My 93 GT weights 3130 pounds (no driver) on the scale.

Thats with: All seats, A/C, spare tires, full street trim basically.

Savings already done include: AFR Al heags (-50 Ibs). GT40 intake (-8 Ibs), Cervini hood (-20 Ibs), Al driveshaft (-5 Ibs).

The aluminized exhaust (H-Pipe, Cat Back) might have saved another 5 Ibs too.

Still heavy, I want to get to 3000. I'm thinking about one of those light-weight batteries and Sparco seats.

Oh well, Chris

ps - At least those darn Mitsu GSX's weight like 3280 at only 210 HP stock, Ha ha !!!

pss - If we all hit the gym, maybe we could click off another .05 or .10 in the quarter :)

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Slow93Colt said:
Man I bought this car thinking it only weighed 3144. Anyone know if 3445 is right for a 93 gt.
3144 is way more like it. 3445? No way.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey sounds cool but

Allright I have a 93 Gt. Came with all options. I saw 3445 on a site on the internet. Hey chris 93 gt you really weighed in at 3150 or something. Thats awesome. Is that with or without those weight savings. My cars pretty much stock.

weight reductions: took out smog pump and all those lines that do nothing. All the ac equipment. Weld 3.5's up front and 8's in the back. Took off the sway bar. Took out spare and jack and crap. Then today I took out everything from the front seats back including the carpet. Got fiberglass hood, which came today but had a hammer mark in it and sending it back. Going to get some lightweight plastic bucket seats also. And get the taylor relocation kit to the back right.

Hope this gets me down to about 3000 if my car really does weigh about 3150 stock.

sway bar 30
ac stuffs 30
smog pump 10
fiber hood saves 20
spare stuffs 20
rear seats and carpet 20
seat replacement 20-30

·
Registered
570 Posts
My 90 Gt weighed 3240 without me in it with weight savings. I removed the rear seats, A/C, spare tire & jack, rear seat belts, some sound deadener. Had 1/8 tank gas. It has aluminum heads but also has a Vortech on it. I think those two would offset eachother. I also have an alum. driveshaft. I would your scale is close but it does sound a little high. Try another one.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
I found my printout of Ford's published curb weights for '93. A '93 GT Hatch was 3144. Fully optioned should come a hair under 3200.

·
Registered
619 Posts
You guys make me sick, my car with nearly no gas and me in it was 3440 and that was when I was 140 ( almost 160 now and the 140 was only a couple months ago :barf: .) When I ran my new best time I had steel wheels on the back, added subframes, and had a half tank of gas in the car. And to think I already have to add a roll bar just because I have a vert that runs 13.99 or faster according to the NHRA and a driveshaft saftey loop. Time to put this pig on a diet full of rice :evil: .

·
Registered
345 Posts
:lol: Too many carbs will make you fat though!

·
Registered
52 Posts
SlowColt93:

Yeah, the 3130 was with the heads, intake, etc already done. About 1/8 tank of gas.

Dang-it, it looks like those Sparco Torino's weight 37 Ibs each :( They do have somne other seats that are around 16 Ibs each though!

...Chris

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
My 93 GT with AOD and all options except leather and sunroof weighed 3500 exactly. That is with a stereo system(150+?) and me 145lbs. I'm guessing about 3440 or so now with the T-5 in. Still goes good though!:D

·
Registered
381 Posts
Slow93Colt said:
Man I bought this car thinking it only weighed 3144. Anyone know if 3445 is right for a 93 gt.
Did you check for dead or dying hookers in the trunk??

Sorry, I had to say it. I know it didn't help but....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts